Thread: 2 trade offers, which one is the best, if any...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default 2 trade offers, which one is the best, if any...

I've put Lethonen on the block. He's hot right now, and he's going to be injured sooner or later... so I thought now would have been the best time to have a big trade offer.

So here are the two offer I have.

please note, it's a point only league, and not the one in sig. 3pts for a W, 2 more for a SO

1st trade : Lethonen, 2nd round pick, 4th round pick
    for Backstrom(G) and JvR

2nd trade : Lethonen
    for Crawford, Couture, 1st round pick

What you need to know, we play 2 G, and I have only Lundqvist, Neuvirth, Ellis and Lethonen, so changing Lethonen for Crawford leaves me only Lundqvist and Neuvirth, which is ok as long as Neuvirth continues to play, but if for some reason he don't, I'm stuck with Ellis/Crawford. And goalies points are relatively important.

Should I pass on Couture and a first round pick to have a goalie playing lot of game or take the gamble... ?

Maybe I should only play with fire and keep Lethonen ?
    8 teams Pts only keeper
    12F 6D 2G

Dobber Sports Stud

First trade. I'd rather have JVR than Couture regardless of position. If positions matter in that league, I'd MUCH rather have JVR because LWs are far more scarce than C's.

I also like Backstrom best among all three goalies mentioned. With Turco in Chicago on only a one-year contract, Crawford could become pretty valuable next season, but we don't know what he will do or the Hawks will do. Backstrom is a pretty solid sure thing.

I think you make out like a bandit with trade #1.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

EDIT on trade #2:

I would give Lethonen and Jovanovski

to get Crawford, Couture, Gormley, 1st round pick next year, and a 1st and a 2nd round pick in 2012.

I'm in rebuilding mode and really considering this offer...

Should I take #1 or #2 ??
    8 teams Pts only keeper
    12F 6D 2G

Dobber Sports Stud

I still think #1 would be a great trade for you, but I'll have to defer to others on whether it's now better than #2 because I don't know squat about Gormley. I will say that adding Jovo would be no deterrence to making #2. Old, injury-prone and not on PP1 any more.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

i say option 2. ur getting 3 draft picks for him and if ur in a rebuild year thats great. when ur in rebuilding mode picks become really important so if u can sell one player and get a first next year then a first and a second the year after that u got to pull the trigger. dont worry about ur Gs and this year u want to be in last so u can get the 1st overall pick.
    12 Team H2H Keeper League
    Keep 5, Draft 14, 19 Total
    Daily Line-Up
    Starting: 2C,2LW,2RW,2F,4D,2G,2IR

Player Stats: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG
    Goalie Stats: W,GAA,SV,SV%,SO

Positions based on Yahoo.

My team:
    C: H. Sedin, J. Thornton, S. Weiss,
    LW: D. Sedin, K. Versteeg, R. Symth
    RW: M. Michalek, M. St. Louis, M. Gaborik
    D: M.A Bergeron, J. Garrison S. Salo, D. Wideman,