Thread: Who to drop

MacLiii

Question Who to drop

I play in a 12 team weekly H2H (5 gp/wk) league with 14 keepers allowed per season. Each team is only allowed to Roster 4 goalies unless one is injured. I picked up Schneider as my IR replacement for Varlamov and then swaped out for Pavelec. Now that Pavelec is back skating I will need to drop on of them.

My 1 and 2 are Lundqvist and Lehtonen. There is no way I think I should drop Varlamov as the Washington Brass seems to love him. So my real decision is between Schneider and Pavelec. My personal opinion is that Schneider is the better goalie with higher upside who doesn't have a real shot at starting unless there is an injury to Luongo or a trade. As long as my other goalies stay healthy (which is a big question for Lehtonen) I can afford to have someone like Schneider on my bench as I only have to start 2 goalies per week (no goalie can play more than 3 of the 5 H2H games).

So I guess my question is who to drop out of Varlamov, Pavelec and Schneider?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Wink My 2 cents

I'd drop Pavelec, lack of defensive support / lack of scoring never helps a netminder.

Lundqvist no issues here, just takes alittle while for NYR to get rolling.
    Lehtonen no issues, unless he gets injuried (feeling he'll be fine this year)
    Varlamov still learning the NHL game and improving his skills but solid keeper
    Schneider will see maybe 20-25starts this season but he's a solid keeper as well.
    12 Team roto Keeper League
    Player: G, A, PPG, PPA, +/-, PTS = 2pts
    Goalie: GGP, W, GAA, SPct, SO = 1 pt

Lineup: 2C, 4W, 4D 2G, 6Farm Players.
    Keep 5/Team; Free Carryovers (under Age24)

C: H.Sedin, Weiss
    W: Ovechkin, D.Sedin, Booth, Voracek
    D: Streit, Suter, McCabe, M.Staal
    G: Bryzgalov, Neimi
    Farm: Leighton, White
    Carry: Connolly, McBain, Kabonov

Addicted to trading....sigh

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would drop Schneider just because of who is infront of him. Varlamov is battling aginst Neuvirth, Pavelec is battling against Mason. With that Varlamov and pavelec will be getting 40+ games and Schneider will be get less.

MacLiii

Hey Justin, any expert advice on this matter? I will need to malke my Decision by Monday Nov 1st with Pavelec coming off IR, unless, of course, WAS puts Varlamov back on the IR.