Thread: Goalie situation in Philly?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Goalie situation in Philly?

I know that Leighton is out for 1 month, so who is #1 in Philly? Is Boucher going to get most of the starts? Does Bobrovsky have a shot at #1? Are they sure Leighton will be back in a month?

Dobber Sports Master

I dont know what length of time leighton will be out for

if he was healthy , I'm sure they'd just ride the hot hand between he and boucher

I suspect the same strategy will be followed with boucher/bobrovsky to start the season off .

bobrovsky seems like a nice sleeper to grab at the moment .

Dobber Sports Wizard

Those are all good ?'s. I decided to go with Bobrovsky over Boucher, who had opportunities last year to take the bull by the horns and didn't. If he would have done so then he could have beeen the starter last year. Instead, Leighton took advantage and earned the 1 spot. IMO, neither Leighton or Boucher has the pedigree of Bobrovsky, who in some circles, is looked upon more favorably than Varlamov, or at the least, just as comparable a talent.

Phla is notoriously known for having goaltending issues. Bob has been solid. Boucher hasn't outplayed him. He has NHL experience over him, but Bob has pedigree and youth over him. I believe his 2 years of KHL play is why he's done as well as he has. When Boucher falters, and I believe a month is plenty of time for him to hang himself, I think Bob will be right there to take the 1 and run. And he's young enough and talented enough for neither Leighton or Boucher to sniff the 1 again. Ultimately, its a roll of the dice. Personally, I couldn't roll in favor of a career back up when this team talent and youth screams for a younger goalie with "franchise" potential.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Wizard

Leighton was drafted in my league, but Boucher and Bob both sit there as FA's. I was planning on grabbing Boucher when I get IR status to Savard, but this Bobrovski has made it tough. Boucher has played well too though so it's a tough choice...

Dobber Sports Star

Philly coach said that Bobs will start in one of the two first games, so it looks promising. Damn, I may drop Ellis for him and roll the dice.
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Lmx66 View Post
    Those are all good ?'s. I decided to go with Bobrovsky over Boucher, who had opportunities last year to take the bull by the horns and didn't. If he would have done so then he could have beeen the starter last year. Instead, Leighton took advantage and earned the 1 spot. IMO, neither Leighton or Boucher has the pedigree of Bobrovsky, who in some circles, is looked upon more favorably than Varlamov, or at the least, just as comparable a talent.

Phla is notoriously known for having goaltending issues. Bob has been solid. Boucher hasn't outplayed him. He has NHL experience over him, but Bob has pedigree and youth over him. I believe his 2 years of KHL play is why he's done as well as he has. When Boucher falters, and I believe a month is plenty of time for him to hang himself, I think Bob will be right there to take the 1 and run. And he's young enough and talented enough for neither Leighton or Boucher to sniff the 1 again. Ultimately, its a roll of the dice. Personally, I couldn't roll in favor of a career back up when this team talent and youth screams for a younger goalie with "franchise" potential.
    I agree. Sergei Bobrovsky could very well be the biggest sleeper in fantasy hockey. You don't have to be a great goalie to play behind Philly. You just have to be a goalie. I don't trust one month time table for Leighton. It's a herniated disk in his back come on have you ever heard of a herniated disk being better in a month. Remember David Bolland and Cody Hodson of last year. Did they come back after a month I smell surgery here folks. If Philly wants to go deep in the playoffs this year. Bobrovsky will get his chance and if by Christmas were still talking "Phillys Goalie Situation" Then look for a trade my guess is Quik or Thomas.
    Last edited by TheFeker; October 7, 2010 at 1:45 AM.
    Yahoo H2H Keeper 21 man keep 12
    G A P +/- PIM PPG PPA SHP,HITs,SOG / W GAA SV SV% SHO

C Roy
    C Bozak
    C Stastny
    L Ovechkin
    L Hall
    L Vanek
    R Eberle
    R Skinner
    R Kessel
    Utill Fleischmann