Thread: another just drafted please rate..........

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default another just drafted please rate..........

1 year points only.....goalies 2pts win 1pt shutout.

12 team managers in total.

Crosby
    Getzlaf
    Duschene
    Hall
    Versteeg
    Macdonald
    Semin
    Hemsky
    Hudler
    Visnovsky
    Subban
    Karlsson
    Martin
    Gilbert
    Halak
    Turco
    Steen - bench
    Mcbain - Bench
    Tanguay - bench
    c- Tavares, Aho, Drouin ,Schenn, RNH
    lw - Toffoli, Pacioretty, M. Marchment, Rust, Vatrano
    rw- Ovechkin, Kucherov, Tarasenko, Duchene, Zuccarello
    d- Q. Hughes, Letang, Pietrangelo, Fowler, Hanafin, Matheson

g- Rittich, Saros

I.R. Guentzel

Rookies: Kulich, Lysell, Nazar, Simashev, Mintyukov

Drop 8 players at the end of the year. No maximum/minimum games played. All players in line up every night

I know there are so many of these but any one please?

g- Rittich, Saros

I.R. Guentzel

Drop 8 players at the end of the year. No maximum/minimum games played. All players in line up every night

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Without looking at the other teams in your league, I would assume your team will be competitive. There are some really nice players in there and there are some others I am not so sure about.

You can't go wrong with Sid and Getzlaf. I also think Duchene is in for a big year and Hemsky will bounce back, mark my words. I expect Taylor hall to have a similar rookie campaign to Steven Stamkos in his rookie year and maybe better. Stamkos had around 40-50 points if I'm not mistaken.

Because GK's get 2 points for wins, Turco is a nice pick because the Blackhawks win. Stl should be respectable this year but the jury is still out on if Halak is a bust and was a playoff sensation or if he will not be able to handle the rigors of being the main man for an entire season and he fails. I would expect somewhere in between for him.

Your defense fails to have that bonafide top tier anchor or really a better 2nd Tier guy which could be a problem. However, in a standard Yahoo, once you get past Green, Doughty, Boyle and maybe a few others who could have big years like Chara there aren't a whole lot of D-Men to waste high draft picks on.

I don't like Tanguay one bit and you better hope Semin doesn't get injured. He is in a contract year so he better step his game up. I also don't see Versteeg doing much this year but I could be wrong.

You may want to consider picking up a 3rd goalie for insurance on if one of your guys falters. Not to mention if you pick up a stud, they are excellent trade bait later in the season if you need some offensive punch. Is J. Bernier on the waiver wire? Any other GK's?

Overall though this is a good, respectable team IMHO. With a few smart moves you could be a contender.
    ---
    1 Year Standard H2H League:

SCORING: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPG, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, Hits

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/9566/8

http://www4.fantrax.com/fantasy/teamRoster.go?leagueId=tib39lysh10c0ga1

thanks for your reply Nino.

I totally agree with you regarding grabbing another goalie.

Here is a list of who is on the wire:

Khabibulin
    Bernier
    Thomas
    Raycroft
    Neuvirth

I would drop Tanguay for a goalie. Which one do you recommend?

Thanks again. Your post has very good insight.

g- Rittich, Saros

I.R. Guentzel

Dobber Sports Prodigy

It depends on what you are looking for:

Bernier - Has the most God given talent of all these guys hands down...but how many starts will he get? If Quick is healthy and plays well all year expect in between 15-30. If Quick falters, or if Bernier plays SO well in the oppurtunities he gets then he may be the ROY. Bernier is probably the highest risk/highest reward out of this bunch but is the ONLY one IMHO that gives you some chance at getting a stud here.

Khabibulin - He will most likely see the majority of the starts for an unproven and very young EDM team and will give you the most oppurtunities - if healthy - out of all of these guys most likely. He plays well when he has to...don't expect much out of the wins column for him though because EDM is still a very young team. He will add some stability if you need starts and will give you an oppurtunity for a win if there is nobody else to play. Will also give you the chance of decreasing your weekly save percentage. Pick him if you want the steadiest GK who will looks like he is going to get the most starts right out of the gate.

Tim Thomas - Was the Vez. Trophy winner only two years ago. Was a backup on Team USA...but his age started to get the best of him last year it looked like. He will still probably see at least a 15 starts and if Rask shows that he can't handle the pressure or the rigors of a full season, Thomas will be ready to go. Maybe what is best for Thomas at this point of his career is to get about 15-20 starts or play when needed. Plays for a good team and will give you a chance for a win every night he plays.

Neuvirth - Will start about 1/3 of the time on a VERY good WAS team. Expect average to above average percentages. Will probably get you more wins than Khabibulin who start over half of his team's games if healthy.

Raycroft - The backup goalie on a bad team. not the choice you want out of the above choices. Steer clear.
    ---
    1 Year Standard H2H League:

SCORING: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPG, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, Hits

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/9566/8

http://www4.fantrax.com/fantasy/teamRoster.go?leagueId=tib39lysh10c0ga1