Thread: roster advice

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default roster advice

Hey poolies, I drafted the following in our 14 team H2H and was wondering what your thoughts might be. Here are the cats: G, A, +/-, PiMs, PPG, PPP, GWG, W, S%, SO, GAA. We play 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 1U and can have 6B and 2IR.

I stocked up on LW since there seemed to be a less quality there but do I drop some to get another position? If Ryan loses his C eligibility I'm shallow there and maybe at RW as well.

Some FAs I like are Sutter, Berglund and Horcoff (C), DiPietro and Giguere (G), Colaiacovo, Poti, Ballard and White (D) and Brouwer, Bertuzzi, Recchi, Clarkson, Neil and Stafford (RW). FYI - some FA LWs are van Riemsdyk, Galiardi, Benn, Cooke, McDonald, Fleischmann, Avery and Brunette. Maybe drop Versteeg since I already have Kessel? Thanks for any suggestions!

C/LW Bobby Ryan
    C/LW Patrick Sharp
    LW/RW Ilya Kovalchuk
    LW Ryane Clowe
    RW Phil Kessel
    RW/D Dustin Byfuglien
    D Shea Weber
    D Keith Yandle
    D Alexander Edler
    D Matt Carkner
    Util James Neal (LW)
    G Ilya Bryzgalov
    G Pekka Rinne
    BN Milan Michalek (LW)
    BN Mike Comrie (LW)
    BN Sam Gagner (C)
    BN Patrick O'Sullivan (C)
    BN Kris Versteeg (LW)
    BN Brian Boucher (G)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Looks like you've monopolized LW but you can definitely use an upgrade for your RW. Since LW do have more value because good ones are fewer and farther in between, see if you can use one to trade for a RW that has a higher ceiling for points. I don't see the point of Byfuglien as a RW either as he's better suited as a Dman (I'm facing the same situation in one of my leagues with him). Also how badly do you need Carkner for PIMS with Clowe and Byfuglien in the lineup? I'd personally replace Carkner with Byfuglien and perhaps try trading Versteeg (as you mentioned) for a RW. Also hopefully Ryan keeps his C and W eligibility. As for FAs and your bench, Horcoff will be interesting to watch and worth taking a chance on considering the wingers he will have. Watching Giggy over the preseason, I'm expecting a bounce back from him. I'd take him over Boucher. And last player I like in the FA crop is Troy Brouwer, he should see lots of top minutes in Chicago this year. Overall though, pretty good drafting!
    Last edited by Hockey Hoser; October 4, 2010 at 5:17 AM.
    14 Team H2H Full Keeper
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C: Sharp, Fisher, Steen
    W: Hartnell, Kessel, Versteeg, Parise, Cammalleri, Foligno
    D: Gonchar, Boyle, Del Zotto, Hamhuis
    Util: Hanzal, MacArthur
    G: Howard, Varlamov

Farm
    Brouwer, Raymond, Comeau, Backlund, Bailey, Huberdeau, Mursak, Jensen, Moller, Fehr, Hedman, Sbisa, Reimer, Peters, Scrivens