Thread: Ennis or Huselius

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Ennis or Huselius

Who do you like more this year. Both have LW eligibility, but Ennis has the added center bonus which could come in handy. Who do you think will have a more productive season this year ONLY? Opinions are much appreciated.

Categories: G,A,PPP,SOG,+/-

Dobber Sports Initiate

This year only I really like Huselius on the top line in Columbus with a new offensive minded coach that will push the tempo. 23 goals, 63 pts last year with a lot of time on the PP.

Ennis is talented but still a year or two away, Huselius is a much more proven commodity.
    12 team Yahoo H2H Keeper League (keep 6)
    G, A, P, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    W, L, GAA, SV%, SO

2C - Stamkos
    2LW - Benn
    2RW - Laine, Marner
    4D - Josi
    1Util -
    2G - Rask

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

i would have to say i dont think husselius is a lock to play with nash this year. with the depth in columbus my gut tells me he gets outscored by ennis. mind you i just had chili so i wouldn't pay a ton of attention to my gut at the moment....

Dobber Sports Genius

Dude, I would expect to see alot of Ennis support up here, but I would take Huselius.
    I,m not a huge fan of Huselius, and he's not a player that I would target, but but I figure he is a lock for 50-60 pts. Those are rookie numbers that Tavares, Duchene and Stamkos (even less) have hit recently, and I don't put Ennis in the same catagory as those guys.
    There is alot of hype over Ennis right now, and he deserves praise for his AHL season and the end of the NHL season/playoffs and he could develop into a good one, but IMO, Ennis will be doing well to get 45 pts this year.
    Take the proven producer NYR9394.

Banned

I don't know, I'm not as high on Ennis anymore (for this season) after actually seeing him live. It's like Vern Troyer laced 'em up and started playing for the Sabres.

Give me Huselius for a 1-2 year window.

Dobber Sports Star

Huselius is definitely the less risky choice. I would probably take hi, even if his trade value is lower than Ennis's trade value in some leagues.
    10 Team H2H Points-based Keeper League

G, A, PIM, SOG, +/-
    W, SO, SV, GA

C: H. Sedin, Stamkos, Backstrom, Duchene, Granlund
    LW: D. Sedin, Landeskog, B. Schenn, Tatar, Boedker
    RW: P. Kane, Voracek, Hudler, Silfverberg, Toffoli
    D: Ehrhoff, Edler, Franson, Del Zotto, Myers, R. Ellis, Hamonic
    G: Quick, Bishop, Holtby, Peters, M. Jones

Farm: Terevainen, Nurse, Raanta

League Champion: 2009, 2011, 2013 and 2014

12 Team Roto Dynasty League Champion: 2011 and 2013

Dobber Sports Initiate

I like Ennis here. I love the dual LW/C and i think he will get around 60 this year.

Dobber Sports Giant

Don't get me wrong, I like Ennis a lot, but even if he won't play with Nash the full season (they are trying Voracek with Nash in camp and I can see him playing there), I think Huselius will get more pts than Ennis. If you can handle is worst cons (being streaky), Huselius is your man.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

It will be close but i can see Ennis outpointing Huselius this year.

Dobber Sports Guru

I would take the safer pick in huselius here. Dual eligibilty of Ennis is nice but I will take the guy who will likely be top line Winger with Nash and 1st PP unit (or at least Dobber and Yahoo have him top line )His production over the last 4 years averages out to a healthy:

77.5 GP 25.75 Goals 39.75 assists +7 (thats b'c of calgary numbers, he has dropped off in +/- since joining columbus) 24 PPP and 187.5 SOG. I have trouble predicting Ennis to beat any of those numbers except maybe +/- but even then Buffalo's D has gotten worse over the summer not better.

I think Huselius is your guy here I love Ennis' skill and heart but for him to out-do huselius this year would take a calder worthy season.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I just made this same move. Drafted Ennis, but noticed Huselius as a FA and did the swap. I also have Voracek, so this move makes better sense for my pool.

Huselius was fairly consistant last season, and I am expected him to have a similar season.

Ennis has proven he can play in the short term, but I am unsure what his numbers will look like after 82 games. He is very small and light and may get worn down come Christmas.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Everyone is talking about the 50-60 pt. mark... Huselius could be good for over 70, Ennis will not be.

I am really high on Ennis, but basically, Proven vs. potential in a one year league with similar projections? ALWAYS take proven.

Keeper league, much different story, but one year league I`d take Huselius. Especially with a new offense coach in CLB. Plus, has anyone watched this guy on the PP, he controls the play completely... he`s got the skills for sure and has done it before.
    8 Team Auction league: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench, 5 farm. $1,000,000 salary cap, live auction annually, 3 year contracts, RFA after contract expiry. Player goes back into the draft, manager who keeps an RFA has the opportunity to match the highest bid. Keep 15 total PLUS farm team. Farm team counts towards your cap.
    Stats: G,A, PPP, PIM, +/-, Shots, GWG - W, SV%, SO

C: Backstrom $72, Bergeron $30, Malkin $160, TJ $5
    LW: Forsberg $5, Schwartz $5, Schenn $16, JVR $15
    RW: Wheeler $67
    D: Doughty $58, Weber $48, Vatenan $7
    G: Schneider $5 Dubnyck $5

Farm: Gibson $13, Drouin $19, S. Bennett $13, Hubs $23