Luongo at #8 is definitely "low" but see other thread regarding why I have Kipper higher than Luongo. It's a fine line and can really go either way, I chose reasons regarding confidence. I just have less confidence in Luongo heading into the season, but it doesn't mean he's not capable of being Top-5. Hopefully that makes sense!!

I think when it comes to Florida, it's more about their team philosophy more than individual players coming and going and making them better or worse on paper. New GM, reinforced urgency to make the playoffs, etc. I think it's more that they were once again a few points away from that 8th and final spot. Once it happens 2-3 years in a row, the entire philosophy of the whole organization keys in on a stronger start. They are always right there at the end, fighting for those crucial points. And that means they will be so focused on a strong start that they will be a little more competitive. Two or Three more wins in the first two months could mean the difference between 8th and 9th.

I was not pleased with Backstrom's play last season. He suffered from a weaker team defense due to the new coaching style, but his game was not nearly as sharp as it was the year before. He missed some games in there as well, so he didn't have the same durability. Clearly a legit talent, but he's moving in the opposite direction of guys like Halak, Rask, etc.