Thread: LA goalie situation - news?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default LA goalie situation - news?

I would guess that Quick will be the starter out of the gate. Ersberg's got a year left. Any news as to whether Bernier might come up? Or will it be a Quick/Ersberg year again?
    Full Keeper Team, straight points, no PIMs:
    C Under construction
    LW Under construction
    RW Under construction
    D Under construction
    G Under construction
    Farm Under construction

Dobber Sports Veteran

Pure speculation on my part: Quick starts, Ersberg backup, Bernier AHL.
    It really wouldn't surprise me if Bernier starts in the AHL no matter how good his camp is. I know fantasy owners will love to tell you that he should be the starter or they should split goalie starts but for the good of Bernier’s development and the team situation I see the smart choice being let him start in the minors until there is reason to doubt Quick. If there is an injury or if they lose a lot of game Bernier will be given the opportunity to win a spot.

Administrator

Wouldn't be surprised to see Ersberg play a true bench warmer role. When they want to give Quick a break, they could call up Bernier and give him the nod. If so, expect Quick to play well over 60 games.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I think Quick really faltered in the playoffs this past year and it could ultimately lead to his demise.

I don't really believe it was his fault though... just overplayed through the regular season and finally burnt out when it really counted.

For that reason, I see Ersberg getting more games through the regular season (unlikely) or Bernier making the team and seeing 25 - 30 games.

I think Quick is a top ten goalie in the league when rested.
    It will be interesting to see how they handle this situation this year considering they don't want to keep Bernier buried forever and he could be a top 5 goalie in the league
    Creator of the NHL Rank King iPhone app.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I think Bernier is a year away from significant action, but I also believe he is pretty much ready and he likely will get the call to play more games this year with the big club on call-ups rather than a backup. It's a guess on my part - I own him in a keeper and planning to keep him on the farm for another season.