46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Roberto Luongo

27 58.70%
  • Martin Brodeur

19 41.30%

Thread: Question for the ages!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Question for the ages!

Next year ONLY. Categories are Wins, GAA, SV% and Shutouts. (I decided to include a poll for those with A.D.D and those who really like graphs)

Who do you take?: Luongo or Brodeur

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm a big fan of strong teams, and I'm liking Vancouver vs Edm (early in the season), Calg and Min (weak offense), with Colorado possibly being the only real threat.

Brodeur is very proven but the Pens and Philly look too dangerous for me. Islanders could surprise like Edm, leaving only NYR as the possible weak offsense for Brodeur to face.
    10 Team Yahoo Roto
    Keep 3F, 1D, 1G (to max 2 years unless franchise keeper)
    3C,3LW,3RW,4D,2G,2BN,2IR Roto-play 85games/position
    Player: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, HIT, BS SOG, FW
    Goalie: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: (F1) Tavares, Stastny, Carter
    LW: 1-Hall, Pacioretty, B.Schenn
    RW: Mackinnon, Nyquist, Hornqvist
    D: 1-Carlson, Josi, Faulk, Franson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    BN: Jones, Niemi

#- denotes number of years I have kept a player. 2 = I need to trade him this year, (F1) = Franchise Keeper, up to 4 years.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I have a really good feeling about Luongo this coming year. With the d-men they have added (Hamhuis and Ballard), they are looking really strong on the back-end..

I hate going against Broduer(arguably the best goalie ever) but this coming season, I am taking LOU..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Tough call. Both teams are strong on defense. Vancouver is in a significantly weaker division, but Brodeur had a better 2009-10.

Flip a coin? I'd pick Luongo just because of how weak the NW is.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by angus View Post
    Tough call. Both teams are strong on defense. Vancouver is in a significantly weaker division, but Brodeur had a better 2009-10.

Flip a coin? I'd pick Luongo just because of how weak the NW is.
    Yeah, I'd be tempted to take Luongo as well for that reason alone. Otherwise, I think their numbers could be really close.

Administrator

Every year I figure it's the year the torch is passed but then Brodeur goes and bests Luongo again. I'm changing my tune this year. Brodeur continues his dominance of the goalie position next season so he's the one I'd take first.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Prodigy

depending on how your league works.....I think Louie will be playing a few less games than usual this coming season. Gillis has as much as said so........telling us in a press conference a while back that he expects Schneider to get in to 20-25 games.

On the flip side, as much as MB has played his fair share of 70-70 game seasons, that can't go on forever either.

Dobber Sports Expert

Don't get me wrong, I love Luongo for saving our butts in the Olympics, but you've got to go with Brodeur. He's been better than Luongo every year, so I'm expecting the same thing.

Luongo has never been super awesome anyways. I don't care whether
    he's had a bad defense, Brodeur's had bad defenses before. Luongo still needs to play better if he wants to beat Brodeur. It's not the defense's fault, it's his.

Dobber Sports Monster

I take Martin Broduer in one year league. I think Vanny is imporved and I think Bobby Lu does just fine, but I gotta go with history and Broduer has been " money" year in and year out, no reason to think otherwise just yet, keeper league take Luongo of course, but I think Broduer still reigns as dominate for this coming year. Broduer has carried my teams time and time again, and I to am faced with similar situation , and without even blinking an eye I tab Broduer as my starting goalie. If it fails me, well at least I made the decision of taking the best goalie of the 2 - which is Broduer - live or die with he best goalie...Broduer is your answer!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Everyone is talking about Vancouver back-end and how weak NW is , but what about NJD Ds ?

With Volchenkov and Talinder up in the depth charts , watch out ... did I say shutouts?
    12 teams keeper league (keep 6 + 1 rookie) H2H points only

Rookie = less than 23 years old and never reached 60pts for a forward / 40 pts for a D

Start : C RW LW S D D G
    Points are : A/G = 1 pt W = 2 pts SO = 1pt

C - Seguin Giroux Stepan
    LW - Huberdeau (R) Parise Tlusty
    RW - Eberle Hornqwist Hemsky Scheifele
    D - Schultz Gardiner Goligoski Brodie Sekera Zidlicky
    G - Fleury Crawford Raanta Greiss

Whoever said, 'It's not whether you win or lose that counts,' probably lost.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Since it's for regular season only, I would give the edge to Lunogo. I like what Vancouver has done with their D this off season, and he should benefit from the upgrades.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I've bet against Brodeur too many times and been burnt. He's the guy I pick every year until he retires.
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner