Thread: Nash for 2nd and 3rd overall

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Nash for 2nd and 3rd overall

I'm in a 16 team keeper pool. Points only, no position, we keep all our players. each week you dress 9 forwards and 5 dmen. I'm in the midst of a rebuild and right now my top forwards look like this:

Crosby, Nash, Jokinen, Elias, Brassard, Lombardi, Cullen, Hecht, Turris, C.Wilson, Samsanov, Stillman, Miettenen.

Based on my team does making a move of Nash for those 2 picks make sense. I am guessing it would net me Seguin and Fowler or a forward if I chose to pick one.

For those interested my D are: Doughty, Souray, Jack Johnson, Bogosian, Spacek, Rozsival, Gleason.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

What is your current pick situation like?

The Magnificent One

do you guys not play any goalies???

and yeah no offense but ouch that team is thin. I like those picks but thats atleast 2-3 yrs before you see the impact. I am more for the now and i still think you rteam can step it up with some tweaking.

with 9 forwards and 5 dmen. i would look to shop half your guys for something. move guys like elias, stillman, lombardi, cullen, souray, gleason. i think there could be some decent interest after those guys that can land you some decent younger pieces but that might help you now or next yr.

If you do move nash which is an option in a points only league as he has a bit more value in a multi stat league i would look to get atleast one established guy.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    do you guys not play any goalies???

and yeah no offense but ouch that team is thin. I like those picks but thats atleast 2-3 yrs before you see the impact. I am more for the now and i still think you rteam can step it up with some tweaking.

with 9 forwards and 5 dmen. i would look to shop half your guys for something. move guys like elias, stillman, lombardi, cullen, souray, gleason. i think there could be some decent interest after those guys that can land you some decent younger pieces but that might help you now or next yr.

If you do move nash which is an option in a points only league as he has a bit more value in a multi stat league i would look to get atleast one established guy.
    Ouch! Not sure who you are newper, but you obviously haven't been a part of the trash talk in our league. This looks very, very familiar... I know he doesn't have any picks this year and gave up a bunch of mid-round picks for Souray. This guy does have a good goalie in Lundqvist though.
    XGL - 16 Team, Points Dynasty League
    $114M cap, 54+ Players, Year #16 - 1st(6x): 08, 12-13, 16, 18-19

F(9+3R): Rantanen, P Kane, Bergeron, Lindholm, Tarasenko, Kadri, Olofsson+
    R: Newhook, Perfetti+
    D(5+2R): Makar, Hronek, Dunn, Sanheim, Andersson
    R: Seider, Harley+

G(2+1R): Price, Varly

WHL - 24 Team Dobber League (Lake Valley Thunder) - 2020/21 Champion
    F: Aho, Bergeron, OV, Hintz, Hoffman+
    D: Hedman, Makar, Werenski, Hronek+
    G: Andersen, Lankinen, Oettinger
    R: Reichel, Timmins, Bjornfot, Cormier, Johnston+

Dobber Sports Legend

No. Nash has more to give. Sit tight. Let him ride shotgun with Sid the Kid on your squad.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Stud

i would make this deal and try to flip the #3 pick for something later. You will feel inclined to pick fowler, and i just do not like him that much. 3-10 are all solid players about the same level, so move down and let someone else make the harder choices.

Nash is at best a 90 point player, but he is so inconsistant that he will never be much more than an 85 point player. cut your losses and rebuild. i would also be looking to move elias and souray since they are both worth something and older.
    10 team Dyn
    tavares rnh statsny
    AO benn
    kessel malkin
    ryan purcell
    green letang enstrom kulkov OEL ellis
    lundy ward varly bernier lehrner
    burmistrov hodgson michalek, ryan oreilly, turris okposo

16 team h2h
    Spezza, Tavares
    Vanek,doan
    malkin, eberle
    Doughty Letang, karlsson, weber
    hall
    green enstrom downie palmeiri kassain bogo
    lundy price pavelec

weiters fielder kipnis wright hanley braun upton upton maybin victorino goldschmidt
    kershaw, startsburg, greinke, bumgarner, price, neise, bret anderson
    valverde, hanrahan, aceves, reed, guerra, storen

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I'd make the trade.

Nash hasn't really lived up to his billing aside from his Olympic participation.

Will he ever crack 100pts?

The two picks allow you to build around somebody and it gives you more flexibility than having one player.