Thread: Dynasty trade

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Dynasty trade

it is a 12 team full dynasty league. Roster spots are the following 2 C's, 2 LW's, 2 RW's, 4 D, 2 util, 2 G's and 7 bench. THe prospect team has the following spots 3 F's, 1 D, 1 G, 4 B, and a Flex spot which allows you to call up that player three times (in this league once a player is called up he is on your team, unless he is the flex player). The scoring cats are the following Goals, Assists, PPP, GWG, SHP, PIM, +/-, WINS, GAA, SV%,
    Saves, SO.

So what side would you rather take?
    Team A gives
    Erik Johnson, Jaroslav Janus, David Clarkson, Olli Jokinen/Kristian Huseluis/Joffrey Lupul(any one of the three) and the 10th overall pick in the prospect draft

Team B gives
    Logan Couture, Max Pacioretty, Michal Neuvirth, Jon Blum and Magnus Paarvji Svensson

Dobber Sports Ace

Johnson is better then Blum since hes more NHL ready and blum has Weber and Suter ahead of him.

Pacioretty is better than Janus..once again more NHL ready and more talented IMO.

Clarkson in your league is way better than Couture since hes a multi-cat stud, as where Couture is better in a points only league.

Pajaarvi Svensson is better than Huselius(best chosen player) because he is younger and has a higher upside, even if huselius will outpoint him this year and maybe next I'd still rather have Pajaarvi.

Neuvirth is better than the 10th overall prospect unless by some miracle Hall or Seguin slide down to 10th. He has a good shot at taking over as the #1 in Washington especially with Varlamov's injury proness.

I would rather have what Team B is getting in general, if I'm in contention this year then take team A.

Good Luck!!

Dobber Sports Pro

That is a tough question to answer without seeing the rosters. Personally, I like Side A. More categories are filled. You also get current quality NHL players...I like Huselius of the 3, by the way.

If I have a team in rebuilding mode, Side B isn't too bad. Couture, MPS, BLum and Neuvirth could all be potential stars. Risky, though....
    Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League - 2nd Place
    Teams: 12
    Players: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT

Goalies: GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO
    Pro(23) Keep(17)
    3C - Toews/Spezza/Rask/Backlund/Dubinsky(LW)
    3LW -Palat/Abdelkader(RW)/Henrique(C)/Soderberg(C)
    3RW - Simmonds/Smith(C)/Little(C)/Jenner(C)/Stafford
    6D - Doughty/Ekman-Larsson/Chara/Braun/Klingberg/Stone/Theodore
    2G - Hellybuyck/Lehner
    IR - Wisniewski/Perreault(C)/Savard/Pavelec
    Farm(10)
    C - Dvorak(LW)
    LW -Lindberg(C)
    RW -
    D - Pulock/Gustafsson
    G - Darling/Hutchinson/Condon/Ullmark//Johnson/Raanta

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Erik Johnson, Jaroslav Janus, David Clarkson, Kristian Huseluis and the 10th overall pick in the prospect draft would be the side I choose.

Proven players vs prospects would be one reason and I think you will see both EJ and Huselius raise their stock considerably this season.

Dobber Sports Stud

I agree with shoeless, there is just too much proven younger talent on side a.
    10 team Dyn
    tavares rnh statsny
    AO benn
    kessel malkin
    ryan purcell
    green letang enstrom kulkov OEL ellis
    lundy ward varly bernier lehrner
    burmistrov hodgson michalek, ryan oreilly, turris okposo

16 team h2h
    Spezza, Tavares
    Vanek,doan
    malkin, eberle
    Doughty Letang, karlsson, weber
    hall
    green enstrom downie palmeiri kassain bogo
    lundy price pavelec

weiters fielder kipnis wright hanley braun upton upton maybin victorino goldschmidt
    kershaw, startsburg, greinke, bumgarner, price, neise, bret anderson
    valverde, hanrahan, aceves, reed, guerra, storen

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I'm on Team B's side on this one.

I agree on the proven talent vs. unproven talent argument but I also think Johnson's star has faded slightly. Not a big fan of Huselius or Jokinen for that matter and Clarkson had one good year. That's not enough to build a resume on.

It's all a gamble though, right? If you're a gambler, you take B and hope things work out. Option A is safer no doubt but the upside of B is higher. I'd take B.