Thread: Kovalchuk for Berglund/Kadri/1st pick

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Kovalchuk for Berglund/Kadri/1st pick

Hey guys ,

would you do this ?

Kovalchuk will be very expensive. He also wants my 2nd rounder this year.His 1st would be 1 or 2nd overall this year.
    Point system in sig .

Another potential option would be Kovy for Karlsson,Ottawa and 1 or 2nd overall this year ...

Any thoughts ?
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/
    D(G=2,A=1.5)top 4 count- A.Fox/Heiskanen/K.Miller/Hutson
    Goalies(save%,W,SO)top 2 count-Shesterkin/Oettinger
    plus 4 other cats: top powerfwd(Trocheck)
    setupman(J.Hughes),sniper(J.Robertson)rookie(M.Bou rque/G.Perreault/Stankoven)

Playoffs Champion 2009, 2010, 2018
    Reg.season Champion 2011-12,2012-13,2016-17,2017-18,2018-19,2022-23

Dobber Sports Guru

I don't do salary cap, but I can see why this is worthwhile (but I won't pretend to know if it's good enough). Kovalchuk will be expensive and your group of Malkin, Crosby, Toews, Hossa, Giroux, etc should be okay.

A top two pick is obviously great this year, and I like Karlsson/Ottawa side (who's your current team?) better than the other I think -- Karlsson would have a shot to be in your top 4 D more so than the two forwards will have a shot to contribute. With Filatov, Eberle, Brassard, Benn, etc., I think you can afford to focus on the blueline.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Stud

from what i see you start 6 forwards, 4d and then get to play 5 other players? not sure if i follow that. so for those special guys do you only get the 1 stat (like only count goals for your sniper).

From what i can tell, if you use real wordl contracts, Kovy will get 8-12 million. He is a 90 point player.

with Malkin, Crosby, hossa, campbell and gonchar you have a lot of big contacts so this would not be a bad move. You get 2 guys with great upside (berglund is a great player and Kadri has the work ethic to get it to work) and an elite player on an elc.

I would pull the trigger, but i would need a better explanation of your league.
    10 team Dyn
    tavares rnh statsny
    AO benn
    kessel malkin
    ryan purcell
    green letang enstrom kulkov OEL ellis
    lundy ward varly bernier lehrner
    burmistrov hodgson michalek, ryan oreilly, turris okposo

16 team h2h
    Spezza, Tavares
    Vanek,doan
    malkin, eberle
    Doughty Letang, karlsson, weber
    hall
    green enstrom downie palmeiri kassain bogo
    lundy price pavelec

weiters fielder kipnis wright hanley braun upton upton maybin victorino goldschmidt
    kershaw, startsburg, greinke, bumgarner, price, neise, bret anderson
    valverde, hanrahan, aceves, reed, guerra, storen

Dobber Sports Initiate

To start the league 4 years ago, the actual NHL salaries were used . Contracts are for a max of 4 years and new salary is based on a pre-established formula if it's an RFA (<26y.o.) and an open poker style bidding if it's a UFA (>26y.o.) .

We can have up to 38 players and you're right , the specialty cats count only the top player with only that cat . Those players are assigned by GM and can be changed anytime but a minimum number of players have to be assigned to each cat.

Essentially that should be enough info to decide . (we have 6 pages of rules :-))
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/
    D(G=2,A=1.5)top 4 count- A.Fox/Heiskanen/K.Miller/Hutson
    Goalies(save%,W,SO)top 2 count-Shesterkin/Oettinger
    plus 4 other cats: top powerfwd(Trocheck)
    setupman(J.Hughes),sniper(J.Robertson)rookie(M.Bou rque/G.Perreault/Stankoven)

Playoffs Champion 2009, 2010, 2018
    Reg.season Champion 2011-12,2012-13,2016-17,2017-18,2018-19,2022-23

Dobber Sports Stud

ok, so you only count goals for Kovalchuk. Well he is a bit one dementional anyways. I thkn Filatov will fit the mold of a similar player, otherwise Hossa is your only pure scorer. WIth all of the guys you have, you should have penty of goal scorers from your top 6 to make up for a weak sniper.

Looking at your starters you have:
    F- Malkin, crosby, Hossa, kane, Toews, giroux
    PF- Downie
    Set up- Brassard? possibily Kadri in the future
    Sniper- possibly Benn or Filatov
    Enforcer- i guess this is where you add someone each season like Boll
    rookie- 1st overall pick

Not sure if it is an overall improvement, but Kovalchuck could see a huge raise, so it is your choice if you can afford him.
    10 team Dyn
    tavares rnh statsny
    AO benn
    kessel malkin
    ryan purcell
    green letang enstrom kulkov OEL ellis
    lundy ward varly bernier lehrner
    burmistrov hodgson michalek, ryan oreilly, turris okposo

16 team h2h
    Spezza, Tavares
    Vanek,doan
    malkin, eberle
    Doughty Letang, karlsson, weber
    hall
    green enstrom downie palmeiri kassain bogo
    lundy price pavelec

weiters fielder kipnis wright hanley braun upton upton maybin victorino goldschmidt
    kershaw, startsburg, greinke, bumgarner, price, neise, bret anderson
    valverde, hanrahan, aceves, reed, guerra, storen

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Kovy to Russia

I just traded Kovalchuk in my league.

I was always worried about Russia even though I think it's not likely going to happen (3yr - $42 million offer rumour).

He's so consistent though - moreso than most players. But, in the end, I would take that package and run with it and not have to worry about Russia. For the peace of mind you'll get, it's worth it.