Thread: Who to give up for Lehtonen (Dal)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Who to give up for Lehtonen (Dal)

Hey guys I am strongly considering completing my first trade of the offseason. The league is a 13 team roto keeper league With the following scoring cats:

Skaters - G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, GWG, SH%

Goalies - W, SAVES, S%, GAA, SO

We start 3 center, 6 wingers, 4 defensemen 1 goaltender and a max of 6 bench players.

Although we only start one goalie I feel I need another as the goalie cats killed me last year.

My roster right now is

Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin, D.Sedin, Sharp, Lucic, Little, Versteeg, Connolly, Huselius, Michalek, Perron, Kunitz, Keith, Coburn, Ehroff, JJ and Jovo...Kipper and Smith

We need to cut this down to 15 in 2 weeks.

The other gm expressed interest in either Little or versteeg for Lehtonen. I think I would rather trade Little....he also has backstrom (min) that I maybe able to get instead.

Thoughts??

Thanks

Dobber Sports Pro

I'd move Little for Lehtonen.

Versteeg has been fairly consistent, Little may have a higher upside, but you know what you're getting with Versteeg. He is more of a competitor and is valuable in all situations.
    Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League - 2nd Place
    Teams: 12
    Players: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT

Goalies: GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO
    Pro(23) Keep(17)
    3C - Toews/Spezza/Rask/Backlund/Dubinsky(LW)
    3LW -Palat/Abdelkader(RW)/Henrique(C)/Soderberg(C)
    3RW - Simmonds/Smith(C)/Little(C)/Jenner(C)/Stafford
    6D - Doughty/Ekman-Larsson/Chara/Braun/Klingberg/Stone/Theodore
    2G - Hellybuyck/Lehner
    IR - Wisniewski/Perreault(C)/Savard/Pavelec
    Farm(10)
    C - Dvorak(LW)
    LW -Lindberg(C)
    RW -
    D - Pulock/Gustafsson
    G - Darling/Hutchinson/Condon/Ullmark//Johnson/Raanta

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'd move either for Lehtonen. I moved Fleischmann for him earlier this year, but I probably overpaid a little bit because I had Turco on my team and wasn't getting enough starts.

Banned

I wouldn't offer anyone on your team for Lehtonen

Dobber Sports Apprentice

you dont think lehtonen is due for a very good year Mcgoo? I got killed in the goalie cats and really need another goalie. would u go after backstrom then?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I have a question for you...how do you manage to get Crosby, Ovie, Malkin, and D. Sedin all on one team? hah.

In all seriousness though. I think Lehtonen has the potential to put up a strong season in Dallas, but he is a risky pick up. His injury problems must always be taken into consideration. This does not go to say he isnt a worth while pick up if you want to gamble.

I would be more willing to move Little than Versteeg. Versteeg has proven to be quite consistent and is in a good situation with the Hawks. I wouldnt be so keen on picking up Backstrom..I just dont like Minnesota's team for next season..gut feeling I have.
    16 Team H2H Full Keeper: G, A, Pts, +/-, PIM, SOG, STP, H+B, FW, GAA, SV%, W, SV, SO
    Start: 4c, 4lw, 4rw, 6d, 2g, 8 bench

Center: Eichel, Scheifele, Nelson, Pirri
    Left Wing: Huberdeau, Hoffman (C/LW), Maroon, Soderberg (C/LW)
    Right Wing: Kessel, Little (C/RW), Nyquist (C/RW), Zucarrello (LW/RW)
    Defense: Karlsson, Carlson, Savard, Stone, Petry, McNabb
    Goalie: Bishop, Anderson, Raanta
    Bench: Lander, JT Miller, Eakin, Gerbe (C/LW), Dorsett, Jurco, Coyle (C/RW)

Farm: Gormley, S. Morin, Paquette, Weal, Poirier, Vesey, Goldobin, Fiala, Sprong, Copp, Griffith, Stolarz (G), Visentin (G), Bibeau (G), S. Williams (G)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

ha yeh well i gave up a shitload to get them, thats why i have no depth at all. I didnt win the league this year either, came 2nd. I think im gunna pull the trigger little for lehtonen in the morning...just curious what mcgoos thoughts are

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I would go after Lehtonen if he is available for either of those guys. I have my doubts that Versteeg will stay with the Hawks so I might be tempted to move him over Little but I don't think it much matters as I see you winning the deal either way.

Dobber Sports Ace

I'm in a different league and I had some more depth and was in DIRE need of a Goalie. I overpaid for him, but at the same time he's still pretty young and could be a fairly good goalie if he can put the injuries behind him and I like Dallas to be a pretty good team. If everything falls into place, I could see him around 30W with decent numbers in other cats, so I thought it was worth it.
    I would definetly do Little for him...

Banned

lets put it this way, you'd be taking a big chance on him...he's only exceeded 50 games once in his career and Dallas is not a very good team in a very tough division

Dobber Sports Demi-God

McGoo, he is giving up a 50-60 point forward from a crew that pukes offense to pick up a starting goalie behind Kipper and Halak. Sure there's an injury risk - but I sure don't see a lot of drama in this when the goalie alternatives are slim.