Thread: Fair trade or not?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Fair trade or not?

I'm in a keepers league pts and penalty minutes count... I have a lot of depth on D but I'm thin on the wings... some guy offer me this deal

Enstrom for Kyle Beach and the 7th overall pick in this year draft. I was more incline on asking him Price for Enstrom but... Beach is intriging... plus I could draft Campbell, Tarasenko, or someone else.... at seven overall...What's Beach upside... he got 3 goals in 4 games in the AHL playoff this year...

Usually I prefer NHL players for NHL players but I'd like to know what you think. Also Enstrom pts will drop since Kovalchuk won't be back and Bogosian will get more PP time... Plus I got a lot of D prospect...

here's my NHL D: Campbell, Keith, Morris, Weber, Wideman, Enstrom, Franson, Johnson E., Staal, Doughty, Schenn, Karlsson.

Here's my farm Team on D:Alzner, Brennan, Cohen, Fairchild, McDonagh, Shattenkirk, Gardiner, Ness, Warsofsky, Ekman-Larsson, Elliott, Orlov

Thanks for the tip...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

You're definitly really deep at D but its not a reason to just give them up.
    You say youre looking for a winger and Beach is not your answer. Let someone else put him on his bench and grab him after he puts up 30pts in his 2nd season. The asking price won't be much higher.

I am pretty sure you could get more for Ernstrom.
    More infos on you team would be great also. Who are your goalies? Can you draft Hudler with the 7th overall?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

We can only draft junior players... Hudler belongs to another team... I could try and get Hudler for Enstrom or Voracek or Giroux or erikson... What do you think...

In net I have a lot of youth... Rask, Rinne, Gustavsson, Markstrom, Bernier, Luongo, Leighton, Schneider, Bobkov, Lehner, Lee, McCollum, Pickard, Tokarsky, Irving, Bishop
    Last edited by marlou32; June 3, 2010 at 11:47 AM. Reason: forgot something....

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by marlou32 View Post
    I'm in a keepers league pts and penalty minutes count... I have a lot of depth on D but I'm thin on the wings... some guy offer me this deal

Enstrom for Kyle Beach and the 7th overall pick in this year draft. I was more incline on asking him Price for Enstrom but... Beach is intriging... plus I could draft Campbell, Tarasenko, or someone else.... at seven overall...What's Beach upside... he got 3 goals in 4 games in the AHL playoff this year...

Usually I prefer NHL players for NHL players but I'd like to know what you think. Also Enstrom pts will drop since Kovalchuk won't be back and Bogosian will get more PP time... Plus I got a lot of D prospect...

here's my NHL D: Campbell, Keith, Morris, Weber, Wideman, Enstrom, Franson, Johnson E., Staal, Doughty, Schenn, Karlsson.

Here's my farm Team on D:Alzner, Brennan, Cohen, Fairchild, McDonagh, Shattenkirk, Gardiner, Ness, Warsofsky, Ekman-Larsson, Elliott, Orlov

Thanks for the tip...
    It still seems to me your selling low on Enstrom - I think that Enstrom will continue to put up points without Kovalchuk. Bogo isn't going to be Doughty-esque and I see Enstrom being on the no#1 PP unti regardless.

How many teams are in your league? If it's 10+ then offensive D men become much mroe valuable.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

only 6 teams and we have to put 6 d per week...

Dobber Sports Ace

Don't think you really need Enstrom but also dont want to sell him short.

Beach and the pick is not what i'd be looking at especially in a 6 teamer.

If you can get Giroux, Eriksson or Voracek I'd do it instantly.

Not knowing your forwards doesnt help, but in a 6 teamer I'm sure your stacked there as well.

One of those 3 and i'd be tempted to trade away Enstrom.