Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Attacking a Malkin owner...

Dobber Sports Genius

Honestly it really depends on the manager you are trading with, I think your' initial offer was insultingly low, however I have no idea how that manager values Malkin, and if he is a bit down on him due to this last season. In a dynasty league I am in now (multi-cat) Geno was just moved, and the trade was Geno + Downie for Carter + Keith + Kadri + #3 entry draft pick. Personally I think that is a steal for Geno, so just goes to show that for some managers one "down" season can really affect a players value.
    12 Team H2H Dynasty
    22 Players 3C 3L 3R 1Util 4D 2G 6BN
    (G) (A) (+/-) (PIM) (PPP) (FW) (HIT) (W) (GAA) (SV%) (SHO)
    C: R Getzlaf, C Giroux, Scheifele, T Bozak
    LW: T Vanek, B Ryan, P Marleau, T Hall
    RW: C Perry, K Okposo, A Ovechkin, Kucherov
    D: D Byfuglien, Z Chara, E Karlsson, R Josi, D Keith, Trouba
    G: R Luongo, B Holtby, K Lehtonen
    Farm: Lack, Wennberg, Hellbucyk, Ho-Sang, Milano, Burakovsky, Sanheim
    2012-2013 and 2013-2014 league champ

Dobber Sports Legend

Bomm, I agree with you. A good season for Malkin point-wise is 100-110 pts. A great year is 120 pts. A career year would be around 125-130 pts. I think he will average around 105 per. Real nice, but not Lemieux-like.

Some people just want to trade for the big name and that is cool. But it often requires a big overpayment. Not a deal I would do personally, but the going rate for a member of the elite is crazy in some leagues.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Yeah, I get it. I'm just in the minority on this one, in thinking that Malkin isn't worth all that.

Heck I would think Vanek, Rask, and two 1st rounders would be enough and more than a fair offer.

Agent, if you're gonna offer up Vanek, Berglund, Rask and picks, at least see if you can hang onto one of your 1st rounders.

Please...????
    I would probably start with only 1 first rounder and move to two in order to push it over the top. I could just as easily offer a 2nd rounder instead and I have a feeling it would have the same value. I'm gonna wait until the draft, as fungchen said, and see if he buys the hype on Hall and Seguin. If he does, it will be much easier to get a deal done.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Bomm, I agree with you. A good season for Malkin point-wise is 100-110 pts. A great year is 120 pts. A career year would be around 125-130 pts. I think he will average around 105 per. Real nice, but not Lemieux-like.

Some people just want to trade for the big name and that is cool. But it often requires a big overpayment. Not a deal I would do personally, but the going rate for a member of the elite is crazy in some leagues.
    Yeah, I know, big name/big pay....I get it. We all discussed this on a previous thread (last week?), in that going after a big name player isn't always based on logic and reasoning. We all seemed to agree that sometimes ya just gotta say "WTF!!" ...and get that player at all costs. We've all been there, so I'm cool with it.

Two things that stand out here: First, my projected pt values for Malking are slightly lower - not much, mind you, but lower nonetheless. I have him pegged at leveling off between 90-95. I think a great year for him is 100-110, and so on...

Second, if Malkin begets Vanek, Berglund, Rask and two 1sts, where does that put Ovi's stock? A kidney? Maybe 1st born child?

Seriously though, this trade sets a bar across the board for players Ovi, Crosby, Sedin, etc.
    @SmittysRant

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    I would probably start with only 1 first rounder and move to two in order to push it over the top. I could just as easily offer a 2nd rounder instead and I have a feeling it would have the same value. I'm gonna wait until the draft, as fungchen said, and see if he buys the hype on Hall and Seguin. If he does, it will be much easier to get a deal done.
    Very cool, and good luck. Keep us posted on that one, would ya?
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Very cool, and good luck. Keep us posted on that one, would ya?
    Will do my friend, will do.

And I would not give a kidney for Ovie lol.

I myself think this price is quite high, maybe even too high, but we'll see what it will cost me in the end. I'll start a thread when I get it done to see what everyone thinks..
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck