Thread: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th - How should it fall in Fantasy Leagues?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th - How should it fall in Fantasy Leagues?

Scoring system in signature. (straight forwards)

How would you draft the following guys?

Seguin
    Hall
    Eberle
    MPS

Lets hear your thoughts

Dobber Sports Padawan

Personally, I'd draft them in this way:

Seguin - I just personally like him more then Hall. He'll be a better all around player.

Hall - the consensus number one pick. He's a good talent, but I just don't quite buy the top hype, and having seen both play, I just think Seguin will be the better player.

MPS - third best talent of the three. If he's actually gonna be available (I don't know why someone in you're league wouldn't have stashed him before the season ends, like I'm doing in mine), then he's an easy pickup. Just has top-end talent.

Eberle - has big name value, showed a fair bit in his first AHL game. Still not completely sold on his upside in the Show, but he's got all the makings of a solid contributor.
    12 Team Keeper League, 4 C, 4 LW, 4 RW, 6 D, 1G, 6 BN, 3 IR
    Keep 20 players
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    W, L, GA, SV, SO

C: Toews, Skinner, Eller, Hertl, Granlund, Jenner, Lindholm
    LW: Boedker, Galchenyuk, Silfverberg, M. Richards
    RW: Yakupov, Nichushkin, Gaborik, Setoguchi, Niederreiter
    D: Karlsson, Subban, Goligoski, D. Kulikov, Carlson, Brodin, Trouba
    G: Price, Varlamov

Dobber Sports Novice

Hall - Hype or not, he beat out Seguin for a spot on the Canadian WJC team, good size and is very fast, talented hands and a good hockey sense.

Eberle - For the fact that he is a winger, they are always in higher demand then a center. He has a scoring touch on every level he has played in and seems to come up HUGE when needed.

Seguin - Not to take anything away from this kid, I would happily take him if the first two were gone. This is a no lose situation, this kid is used to adversity as he has now taken over #1 ISS ranking and it has been a climb all season long to get there. (I hope Edmonton drafts him, they need a #1 center)

MPS - Nothing wrong here, but he will take the longest to reach the NHL, another year in Sweden, and one year in the AHL to get used to the North Americain game.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

welp, little response to what i thought would be an interesting thread.

I think I personally might go:

1. Eberle (kid defies all odds-hard to bet against him)
    2. Seguin
    3. Hall
    4. MPS (only last because he's further out IMO)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

in terms of upside:

mps, hall, seguin, eberle

i think mps, hall, seguin all have 90+ upside. eberle i'd put him around the 80s.

in terms of best chance of not being a flop:

seguin, eberle, hall, mps

seguin aleady plays on a team that isnt amazing, and has proved his worth. i can see him having a faster impact in his first year over hall (much like duchene is against tavares)

Administrator

I'd take them in this order:

Hall, Seguin, MPS, Eberle

Hall and Seguin look like locks to be star players. MPS has that kind of potential but still has a long way to go. Eberle is gonna be a solid sniper and is as much a sure thing as any prospect can be but don't let the hype fool you, his upside is much lower than these other guys. If you want a sure thing then maybe you bump Eberle up ahead of MPS and maybe even Seguin but no way I put him over Hall.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Expert

Wow, I'm just looking at the replies, and they only one who had my order was MetalDude.

Hall, Seguin, MPS, Eberle.

I know many people like Seguin over Hall, but I think Hall has 100 point potential, while Seguin has 90-95 point potential. So almost the same. MPS, I'd say 85-90. Eberle is a great clutch scorer and all, but I really dont' care, that he had a GWG in the WJC last year, (although it was great). The fact is, Eberle has the goal scoring hands, but he can't match them with assists IMO. I'd peg him as 85 points, max.