Thread: Chet Pickard for Nazim Kadri

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Chet Pickard for Nazim Kadri

Need some thoughts people...

Both players are on the farm for both managers. I have Kadri he has Pickard. I also have Robin Lehner on my farm as well. I'm trying to solidfy my goaltending for the future. He's been trying to get Beauchemin off me for some time now so I floated the possibilty of him trading me Pickard and I'd ship him Kadri, Beauchemin and Eric Fehr. He's a big leaf fan so this trade possibility does have some legs. Beauchy and Fehr are throw in's for me as I can replace them with other players so it really comes down to the 2 aformentioned players. Obviously goalies are very valuable but there's something about Kadri that makes me see star.

This is a keeper league with 20 managers and I've got a shot to win this year. My other goalies are Hiller, Vokoun, Garon and I just picked up Leighton as I'm currently gettiing mashed in goalie stats week in week out.

This is a weekly competition as well so any given sunday sorta thing..

All replies appreciated..
    It was a great mistake my being born a man.
    I'd have been far more successful as a seagull
    or a fish.

*Edmond*- Long Day's Journey into Night.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by the_mash View Post

My other goalies are Hiller, Vokoun, Garon and I just picked up Leighton as I'm currently gettiing mashed in goalie stats week in week out.
    I can see why. Your priority is to improve at G. Now. I like this move to get Pickard, who I think is very very talented. It may be a while though before he gives you the kind of points you are looking for in a goalie. I don't hate the deal, but it doesn't help you at all this year. If you want to upgrade your G, you need to do so with a G who will help you now. Can you maybe package one of your current G with Kadri to go get a better starter to help you out this year? I think that's what I'd do. Or, maybe package Kadri with another asset ( a winger or C if you are deep) to go get a better G starter. You really need one.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thx for the reply and I do agree with you on needing a better starting goalie but in a weekly h2h competition with a total of 4 goalie stats to be won I find that if I can sneak 1 or 2 of them my skaters generally make up for my deficiencies in net. I'll get around to posting my team in the sig soon so you can see what I'm refering to. As far as the possible trade I get a sense you like it. I'm liking it more and more as well and I'd love to have Robin Lehner (3 years minimum away) and Pickard on my farm to anchor my goaltending in the future. And I still have faith in Hiller to be the long term solution in ANA.

Sorry Kadri. To the peverbial sacrificial alter for you.

Any other thoughts?
    or a fish.

Dobber Sports Stud

well, actually i think you're REALLY overpaying here ... and needlessly so. Kadri will help a fantasy team faster than Pickard will and the other guys you'd give up are ahead of Kadri to providing value to a team. i don't see that Hiller/Vokoun will be any sort of a problem for goaltending for the foreseeable future but you'd be losing too much to secure a problem you don't necessarily have. that doesn't mean that i don't like Pickard, because i do, but i've got to think that Kadri alone is more than enough to get him ... particularly from a Leaf fan.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Duely noted frozenwater but I had to include beauchemin in the deal and this was his only goalie prospect on his farm so I threw in fehr to sweeten the deal.

Maybe I overpaid but I'm stocked for goalies for the future now and I can rest my weary backstop bones beside the fire. The deal ended up as mentioned but I took Nicholas Grossman off him as well.
    or a fish.