Thread: Rookie Needs Help

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Rookie Needs Help

I have been offered Jordan Staal and Duncan Keith for Victor Hedman and Mikko Koivu. The league is a full keeper league. I have Marleau, Savard, Gaborik, Havlat, Kunitz as my top Forwards. Ehrhoff, Liles, Elder, and Yandle as my top D.............Is this a good deal for me?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Depends on the scenario.

Hedman has a higher ceiling than Keith, but won't reach it for years. If you have a shot at the title this year or next, Keith is more valuable.

Staal vs Koivu is interesting. Koivu is a stud, in his prime. Jordan Staal has upside, a lot of upside, but is stuck in the 3rd center role.

This is a fair trade.

Overall, it's the kind of deal you wonder about "what is there to gain?". I don't see why you make this deal. You have one "sure-shot" per side (Keith & Koivu) and one "gamble" per side (Staal & Hedman). I'd rather have Hedman & Koivu (but that's just my personal opinion).
    10 Team Keeper (keep 15)
    G,A,+/-, Playoffs
    F: Crosby, Malkin, Parise, Giroux, Vanek, JVR, Pavelski, Clowe, Neal, Havlat, Roy, Frolik, Hodgson, Perron, Parse, Bertuzzin, Knuble, Bourque, Read
    D: Green, Boyle, Letang, White, Gragnani, Greene, Michalek
    G: Miller,Howard, Reimer, Emery

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I think someday Jordan Staal will get the leash taken off - but he still has 3 more years after this as a 3rd line center - I don't see this move being a great one for you.

The Magnificent One

hey welcome to the boards. for future posts post more about your teams setup, and league scoring it helps with how we view trades. but as for this one. pass on it. he is selling you big names for guys who are actually producing at a higher rate.

koviu is a stud you should be getting more for him.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Master

Yeah. Hold off for now, even though I really like the idea of getting back Keith. He's a stud himself.

Welcome to the Forum!

To add to what newper was saying, you can also help us out by posting your team and league setup in your signature. Go to user CP, edit signature to do this. It gives a bit of an advertisement for your fantasy squad and a quick reference guide for others who will give you trade advice. Welcome again!
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck