Curry's numbers at WB/Scranton so far:
    8 GP
    490 MIN
    18 GA
    2.20 GAA
    5-2-1 W-L-T
    224 SV
    .926 SV%

He's putting up great numbers in the A. Most thought he'd be MAF's backup this year, then Johnson gets signed out of nowhere. What's Curry's future hold? Does he get the backup job next year? He's overachieved at every level -- will he ever get a real shot in the bigs?
    HHG - Amish Flyers
    10 team roto keeper (keep 17) w/50-man minors
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,H,Blk,P2D,SktPts;W,GAA,SV%
    6-Time League Champ
    Active
    F: Barkov/Gaudreau/Guentzel/Tarasenko/Laine/Point/Teravainen/Norris/Bratt/BSchenn/Schmaltz/Ek
    D: Hughes/Weegar/Trouba/Klingberg/Pionk/Ghost/Spurgeon
    G: Jarry/Kuemper/Husso/Ullmark
    Minors
    F: Robertson/Hintz/Lafreniere/Batherson/Farabee/Jeannot/Frost/Tomasino/Garland/Holtz/Sillinger/Johnston/McMichael/Podkolzin/Maccelli/Beck/Brisson
    D: Nemec/Lundkvist/Zellweger/Rathbone/POJoseph/Hutson/Fehervary
    G: Swayman/Wallstedt/Brossoit/Fedotov/Prosvetov/Vejmelka/Prosvetov

Administrator

My presumption about him and guys like him, who do overachieve is that they eventually find a way to get a shot and force their way in. I'm not sure he gets a legitimate shot at backing up MA Fleury though. Surely Pittsburgh knows he's a quality goaltender but this is a team that is contending for the Cup every year. Given MA Fleury's injury history, I don't think they are comfortable having a rookie as their backup. If MA Fleury goes down and they need to have someone step in for the playoffs, they surely want to have a veteran backup in place.

They know Curry will be the first call up in any event so it pays them more to have a veteran backup in place than to have to scramble if/when Fleury goes down.

It's sort of a similar situation to what has gone on in Detroit with Jimmy Howard and how, until now, they have chosen to go with veteran backups instead.

My gut tells me he eventually gets his shot. If it's with the Penguins then it means Fleury goes down and Johnson or whoever the backup is at the time stumbles. Otherwise it may take some bouncing around between different teams to finally get his shot, but as I alluded to before, overachievers like him always seem to find a way. I don't picture him as a fulltime starter ever, but certainly a platoon guy or a very solid backup somewhere down the line.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Initiate

seeing as he's older than fleury, doubtful in pitt.

so it will have to be after a trade...few years at the earliest?