Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: So Filatov??

The Great One

finally some reason to this thread!!

How is Filatov being brought along slowly, to learn all aspects of the game, hurting him at all???

I have Filatov and Im ecstatic what Hitchcock is doing to him! If anyone thinks Hitchcock is ruining his career, or making Filatov a worse player you should get your heads checked.

Hitchcock knows he is a great player, he knows all about his offensive abilities, all he has to do is teach him how to play in his own zone and filatov will be putting up the numbers you guys are so impatient to wait for.

Stash him on your bench, for HOWEVER long it takes, 2 weeks, 4 months, or even 3 years! It will be worth it.

Dobber Sports Ace

We all know that Hitch's cup should have an asterisk beside it.
    20 team h2h (multi-cat) dynasty league, 1st season
    C: Getzlaf, MacKinnon, Eakin, Backlund, Schroeder, Bjugstad, Miller, Gaustad
    LW: M Foligno, Wilson, Tatar, Bailey, Palat
    RW: Ovechkin, Voracek, Frattin, Coyle, Clutterbuck
    D: Barrie, Del Zotto, Brodin, Vatanen, Gudas, Donovan, Murphy, Hamonic, Grossmann, Michalek
    G: Pavelec, Schneider, Enroth

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyGuru View Post
    finally some reason to this thread!!

How is Filatov being brought along slowly, to learn all aspects of the game, hurting him at all???

I have Filatov and Im ecstatic what Hitchcock is doing to him! If anyone thinks Hitchcock is ruining his career, or making Filatov a worse player you should get your heads checked.

Hitchcock knows he is a great player, he knows all about his offensive abilities, all he has to do is teach him how to play in his own zone and filatov will be putting up the numbers you guys are so impatient to wait for.

Stash him on your bench, for HOWEVER long it takes, 2 weeks, 4 months, or even 3 years! It will be worth it.

All I wanted to know is what ppl think, if he will go to KHL or not why and why not.
    http://www.dobberhockey.com/picture.php?albumid=65&pictureid=474

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by tryhard87 View Post
    I don't think Filatov is like most Russians. He learnt English and French while he was over in Russia for when he came over to N.A. and came over to play a year in the AHL right after his draft year. He has said many times his dream is to play in the NHL. He seems like a smart kid, He knows the NHL is the best league in the world and it looks like he is willing to pay his dues in a limited role than run off to the KHL and get top line minutes.

A quote from Dobber in the guide, "When is a player deemed “safe” in fantasy leagues? When a young Russian player is drafted and comes straight over to North
    America that year, he is deemed fairly safe."

Of course he isn't as safe as a North American born prospect/young gun and he still has an element of risk but I would be shocked if he bolted to the KHL.

Normally I would agree with Dobbers use of the term safe, when a player comes over right after their draft year, but that is exactly what people thought about Radulov too, remember? He came over played in the Q for two dominating seasons before an 11 game stint in the AHL, and then limited playing time under Trotz led to hiim leaving.

I am not suggesting that the coaches like Trotz or Hitchcock are wrong to bring them along slowly if they feel they need to be, but clearly there is a risk now, with the KHL proving to be enough of a draw to get Radulov and Hudler to leave the NHL.

Whats funny is most people forget that Jacques Martin did exactly the same thing with Spezza, but nobody made a big stink at that time because Spezza was not a flight risk to a rival league. Now, these top coaches have to walk on egg shells and not raise their voice, and give prime icetime, and blah, blah, blah, just not to ruffle feathers and give these young Russians a reason to leave. They need to fix this collectively with the Russian ice hockey federation, its gone to far.

Puck
    'To be is to do' - Socrates....'To do is to be '- Sartre..........
    'To do be do be do' - Sinatra.

15 Team Keeper League - 20 roster spots (4C 4L 4R 6D 2G)
    Point Categories - G A +/- PIMS GAA SV%
    Protect 13-15 *$80 Team cap

C - Bergeron, Zibanejad,
    L - Connor, Marchand, Olofsson
    R - Nylander, Wheeler, Gallagher, Rust
    D - Carlson, Josi, Nurse
    G - Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Icon

I'm a little comforted by the recent aticles/quotes I've read by Hitch regarding Filatov - he doesn't seem to dislike him at all. He's a cautious coach, and doesn't give anything without it being earned. Every interview I've seen/read with Filatov reinforces my opinion that he's a very intelligent, confident kid. Hopefully Hitch isn't over-cautious with him and Filatov runs out of patience - that's the thing i am worried about.

Although I would still love to see him traded to a team that would let him loose a bit.

As has been said from the start with Filatov, he's going to need a bit of time - patience, patience, patience. (No G 'n R references please )
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Nichushkin, Batherson, Sharangovich
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei, Forsling
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, But, G.Perreault, Morrow, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Ninja

Moderation is probably required here no matter which side you are on.

It's silly to think that the limited ice time and healthy scratches does not increase (even a little) Filatov's KHL potential.

It's also silly to think that this is a sign that he is upset and leaving soon.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

scratched tonight vs the pens

Dobber Sports Guru

this situation is frustrating, no doubt. i am onboard with hitchcock's plan here, except when i'm pissed because the guy i expected to be calder-competitive isn't getting the chance to do so. then i watch him play, and i get back on hitchcock's side.

in hindsight, it would have been so much better for filatov to play in sudbury last year. then he could have dominated, had no unreal expectations, and just done his thing. this year he could have come to training camp, tried to make the team, but not have been too upset when he's sent to play in the AHL for the year like everyone else. then next year he could have played with the big boys as a 20 year old and without 2 years of patience hanging from his neck. (wait - maybe thats not allowed... i'm forgetting the CHL-AHL rules with foreign players. because he wasn't draft out of the CHL, he can play in the AHL at any time, even if he plays a year in the CHL after his is drafted... right?)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Moderation is probably required here no matter which side you are on.

It's silly to think that the limited ice time and healthy scratches does not increase (even a little) Filatov's KHL potential.

It's also silly to think that this is a sign that he is upset and leaving soon.
    don't buy that. he has stated many times his desire is only the NHL.