View Poll Results: Giroux or JVR who will be better this year

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Giroux

12 42.86%
  • JVR

16 57.14%

Thread: Giroux or JVR who will get more points this year?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Giroux or JVR who will get more points this year?

Giroux or JVR who would you rather have for G,A,+/-pim,ppp,shp

Now with Gange out they should both be in the top 6
    Year 18 keeper pool. 10 GM roto pool. Keep 2 Centers, 3 Wings,3 Defence,1 Goalie,1 extra. and Prospects up to 5 years after drafted if not activated.
    G, A ,PPG, PPA, Shots, Hits, Blocks, SHP,W, GAA, Sv%, SO ( goals and assist are worth 1.5 points) (shp worth .5)

Centers: S Aho, J.T Miller

Wings: M.Tkachuk, A.Svechnikov, Fiala, Giroux

Defence: Josi,Makar,Chychrun

Goalie: Georgiev

(IR)

Farm: Byfield, Byram, Mercer, Lundkvist Frost, Boldy, Comtois, Fabbro, Nemec , Barlow, Carlsson, Dvorsky,

2015 & 2016 BPKL CHAMPS!

Dobber Sports Star

It will be close cant pick one or the other really

Dobber Sports Pro

me either I pick up JVR off waivers but Giroux is still there I guess I could own both?
    Year 18 keeper pool. 10 GM roto pool. Keep 2 Centers, 3 Wings,3 Defence,1 Goalie,1 extra. and Prospects up to 5 years after drafted if not activated.
    G, A ,PPG, PPA, Shots, Hits, Blocks, SHP,W, GAA, Sv%, SO ( goals and assist are worth 1.5 points) (shp worth .5)

Centers: S Aho, J.T Miller

Wings: M.Tkachuk, A.Svechnikov, Fiala, Giroux

Defence: Josi,Makar,Chychrun

Goalie: Georgiev

(IR)

Farm: Byfield, Byram, Mercer, Lundkvist Frost, Boldy, Comtois, Fabbro, Nemec , Barlow, Carlsson, Dvorsky,

2015 & 2016 BPKL CHAMPS!

Dobber Sports Ace

Giroux came into the season with more hype, It'll be interesting to see what he does with the playing time.

I love em both, and have both in my league. Giroux has been riding the bench for the most part up until now.
    Weekly H2H
    G / A / P / +- / PowerPlayPoints / Shots / Goalie Wins / GAA / Save%

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by duducks View Post
    Giroux came into the season with more hype, It'll be interesting to see what he does with the playing time.

I love em both, and have both in my league. Giroux has been riding the bench for the most part up until now.
    really?

you might want to recheck girouxs time on ice stats again hess playing 17-19 min per

JVR's been playing 12-18 min per

Roos clearly the bigger stud here....last years playoffs proved this....phillys coaching staff should be fired for not having Roo lead the team in ice time......

anyone else notice Carters back to reality this year????????????

Dobber Sports Sage

JVR is better suited for success at the NHL level. Not that Giroux won't be successful but JVR has everything Giroux has + the size and strength- the 2 things that will keep Giroux from being an elite NHLer. Sure Giroux will have a few 80 point seasons but size and strength are important aspects to a players career when it comes to keeping consistent... most of the time anyway.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by tequilamonster View Post
    really?

you might want to recheck girouxs time on ice stats again hess playing 17-19 min per

JVR's been playing 12-18 min per

Roos clearly the bigger stud here....last years playoffs proved this....phillys coaching staff should be fired for not having Roo lead the team in ice time......

anyone else notice Carters back to reality this year????????????

You're absolutely right. I saw JVR getting more ice time, and was assuming it was coming out of Giroux cause of his lack of production. They've both been seeing some power play time, but I still think JVR is getting the better opportunities right now, and should continue to.
    The last Phili game I watched, JVR was getting some shooting opportunities on the PP. Giroux had time on the other unit, but wasn't as visible on it.
    Weekly H2H
    G / A / P / +- / PowerPlayPoints / Shots / Goalie Wins / GAA / Save%

Dobber Sports Padawan

i own both, and i'm pleasantly surprised with JVR's start... granted he'll back down to 30 pt pace at some point, or maybe surprise with a 40 pt rookie season.
    15-Team keep 6f, 3d, 1g pts-only, wins=2, SO=3, OTL=1
    F: Robertson, Thompson, DeBrincat, McCann, Tomasino, Chytil, Brink, Carlsson, Berggren, Guenther
    D: Morrissey, Montour, Jiricek, Perbix, LaCombe, Perunovich
    G: Talbot, Kuemper, Merzlikins, Kochetkov, Copley

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Giroux seems like a rich man's Wellwood, if i can reverse the saying. He's shifty, clever, not too fast, I'm not sure if he's got a shot, but I can see him ripping a PP. JVR is a typical PF, and I dont think he quite has the hands that Giroux does. They should make a great combo though.