Thread: new dynasty salary league

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default new dynasty salary league

yahoo draft date: tues, sept 29, 6 pm pst

format; H2H 14 team dynasty league, 20-man active rosters restricted by salary cap and floor equal to current nhl levels. 5 player bench, and three player ir not subject to salary cap. ( salaries as listed at nhlnumbers.com )

at the beginning of each season, teams must reduce to twenty man rosters ( within cap ), draft free agents in reverse order of standings.

draft picks may be traded

Scoring & Settings;
    Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shorthanded Points (SHP), Shots on Goal (SOG) , Face-offs Won (FW )

Goaltenders Stat Categories: Wins (W), Losses (L), Goals Against Average (GAA), Saves (SV), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

the league;

League ID#: 195030
    League Name: dynasty/salary cap h2h hockey
    Password: dobber
    Custom League URL: http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/sittler

cheers,
    spitball

Dobber Sports Initiate

spots available

some thoughts to keep in mind during draft-day;

yahoo player rankings will be virtually worthless for our purposes

i've set the league for twenty active player positions, and five bench. we are not required to ice twenty active players at any given time. i think we'll find it common to face teams icing fewer players than the maximum twenty allowed.

( over time, i think weighing these roster options will be one of the more interesting aspects of the challenge, e.g., some owners will try icing a short active roster of all-stars, and some will try and manage to consistently ice the full roster of twenty players. i suspect that the ideal strategy will fall somewhere between. )

another point, because salaries change each year, i think it will be much more difficult to build a 'powerhouse' roster which wins year in and year out. for instance, if you are able to draft a full roster of under-priced, highly productive young players, within a year or two, they'll likely become a roster of very expensive, slightly older, productive players.

Dobber Sports Initiate

great group of owners joined so far. most from this forum. still a few spots available.

will be fun and very challenging,

spitball