Thread: (+/-) Help...suggestions?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default (+/-) Help...suggestions?

As an absolute \"newb\" to fantasy hockey, I\'m actually off to a decent start thanks to Dobber\'s projections. I\'m in a highly competitive, 10-team roto league. It looks like my biggest problem is in the (+/-) category. Any suggestions on who to grab as a bench guy to help me out?

My roster:

Goalies: Luongo, Fleury, Legace

Forwards: Spezza, E. Staal, B. Richards, Savard, Straka, Savard, Bouchard, Prospal, Arnott, Kariya, Hemsky, Antropov, Toews

Defensemen: Chara, Bieksa, Zhitnik, Pitkanen, McCabe, Hamhuis, Campoli

Thanks for helping out this rookie!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Welcome newby! I\'ve got pretty much the same problem, I\'m fighting my +/- numbers. Your roster looks decent enough, but you will be in tough with your plus/minus stats with that crew.

Look for players on teams like Ottawa or Detroit. Last year teams like the Rangers, Anaheim and Buffalo had many players with great plus/minus ratings. It\'s more a team thing than individual player thing.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Hey ER welcome to the trenches

Comish is right - looking for players from teams that play well at even strength, with shutdown D guys is the way to source the players you need.

One guy who might work for you and could be under the radar is Vermette - I also think Redden is a possible trade target for you - he is presently -3 but he will get much better and his owner might be willing to part with him for the right package.

The tough part of trying to work on your +/- is not sacrificing in other categories. sometimes you have to ride it out a bit to see if your guys improve. Hemsky and Pitkanen will hurt you I think and they might be fodder for trades but you might be giving up points if you do.

Good luck with this.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thanks for the input, guys.

Some of us too far south of the border are a little slow to catch on. So, I really appreciate any help.

Now, if someone would just buy the Preds and keep them here in Nashville,....:&gt

MacLiii

I agree that Vermette might be a good option. Another could be Eric Belanger. In the past he\'s been a checking line F with decent scoring abilities. Now he\'s one a scoring line in Minnesota, who plays a tight Defense with good goaltending. He\'s also scoring as well.

Dobber Sports Novice

Id move Zhitnik for another D on a stronger lineup, since the Thrashers look like theyll be in for a long year.