Thread: Did i make the right choice with my Keepers?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Did i make the right choice with my Keepers?

Check the sig.

I still have a few days to change them but i keep thinking about the "what if's".

I finished first overall in the season but lost in the 2nd round of playoffs. We dont include NHL playoffs in our league, everything is done with the regular season.

I have all my draft picks except that i now have 2 2nd rounders and both are #3 and #5 that round.

Im still looking at acquiring a Winger for one of my Centers if i can.

But if you had to pick the keepers and you had what i have, would you keep it the same or would you do things differently?
    14 team H2H Keeper league.

Center: J. Carter, V. Lecavalier, J. Spezza, S. Stamkos

Wingers: J. Benn, L. Eriksson, N Horton, M. Hossa, N. Filatov, W. Wolski, Ju. Williams

D: V. Hedman, A. Goligoski, C. Barker, B. Campbell

G: S. Mason, P. Rinne, D. Ellis

SCORING: Goals, Assists, +/-, PIM, GWG, FOW, HAT, HIT, SOG, PPP, SHP. Wins, SV, SO, GAA, SV %

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Wow

Tough choices.

You'll get a lot of people saying you should keep Filatov. Not sure I disagree, but I don't know who I would cut. If you differentiate between C & W, then it's 100% worth it - I would drop Carter.

Dropping EJ really hurts, but I think you'll be able to pick him up in the draft.

Beyond that, I think you're making the right calls. I hate dropping that kind of quality.
    10 Team Keeper (keep 15)
    G,A,+/-, Playoffs
    F: Crosby, Malkin, Parise, Giroux, Vanek, JVR, Pavelski, Clowe, Neal, Havlat, Roy, Frolik, Hodgson, Perron, Parse, Bertuzzin, Knuble, Bourque, Read
    D: Green, Boyle, Letang, White, Gragnani, Greene, Michalek
    G: Miller,Howard, Reimer, Emery

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I suppose to some extend it could depend on what your starting roster looks like. Hard not to keep the best players you have but you are going into the draft a little unbalanced this way - I would keep Carter for sure for his shorties - the only swap I might make is protecting Horton over Stamkos.

Tough calls - I don't think you have a bad list here - sure would be nice if you could move one of your stud centers for a stud winger though.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks for the replies.

Im actually working a trade thats Spezza for Kane. The guy is very interested but has another offer hes looking at too. Hopefully it goes thru.

As for Filatov, yea id love to keep him but i just dont see anyone to drop to afford him. Carter is too valuable imo. Same with pretty much all my potential keepers.

The only 2 plausible spots would be Stamkos and Rinne i think. But i really want to keep them as well, Stamkos is obviously gonna be very good and probably have a decent season this season. Rinne, with the most likely poor selection of goalies in the draft pool, Rinne is probably too valuable to drop as well.

I am also exploring trading Filatov for draft picks. I might be able to cause a couple guys like him. But they also know i might have to drop him, leaving me with no bargaining room.

Wingers: J. Benn, L. Eriksson, N Horton, M. Hossa, N. Filatov, W. Wolski, Ju. Williams

SCORING: Goals, Assists, +/-, PIM, GWG, FOW, HAT, HIT, SOG, PPP, SHP. Wins, SV, SO, GAA, SV %

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    I suppose to some extend it could depend on what your starting roster looks like. Hard not to keep the best players you have but you are going into the draft a little unbalanced this way - I would keep Carter for sure for his shorties - the only swap I might make is protecting Horton over Stamkos.

Tough calls - I don't think you have a bad list here - sure would be nice if you could move one of your stud centers for a stud winger though.
    Horton over Stamkos?

Definitely worth thinking about. I really like Horton as well, plus since he will still probably get the odd reps at Center, even though they said hes gonna be more focused on wing, i think this is added value for him.

Horton probably has more to work with on his line than Stamkos does too i guess.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think that you should look harder at keeping Cam Barker, maybe even instead of Campbell. I think that Barker will take over on that top PP Qb job from Campbell before the year is out.
    20 Team League 25 man rosters keep 10

The Warriors:Current Keepers

C: Logan Couture
    LW: Max Pacioretty
    RW: Corey Perry
    D: PK Subban, Dustin Byfuglien
    G: Kari Lehtonen
    Others: Jeff Carter, Patrick Sharp, Jeff Skinner, Charlie Coyle

Dobber Sports Stud

Sounds like H2H... You can get away with not keeping any d-men. It's a goal-scoring league as well, so Campbell's value takes a bit of a hit.

Filatov over Campbell. He may be a bench player or a lower-end forward this season, but I would hate to not have him 2 years and beyond. He's the definition of a goal-scorer.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Hmm, food for thought, i never thought of not keeping any D.

That would enable me to keep Filatov if i dropped Campbell. But isnt Campbell worth more than a drop? Maybe i can swing a trade for him. Maybe get some picks for him. What would he be worth if someone was needing a Dman, roughly?

Barker is nice, i like him. But maybe i can snag him in the draft again.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Any more thoughts to this?

What do you guys think about the comments from Filatov about playing in the KHL? Think Columbus is taking it seriously?

Im pondering the not keeping any D. But im reluctant to let go Campbell. Would anyone else just drop him if no trades presented themselves, to keep one of the forwards?