Thread: Van Riemsdyk

The Great One

Default Van Riemsdyk

Does he make the team full time this year? And if so, where does he lineup? I can't really see any space for him in the top 6. Do you?

I don't really know who will play with who, but won't these guys make up the top 6 in Philly? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Briere, Richards, Gagne
    Hartnell, Carter, Giroux
    Last edited by SeaDawg; July 23, 2009 at 1:05 PM.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

JVR is going to have to have a good camp to make the Flyers, they are still quite deep at forward.

I could see him starting in the AHL and then getting the call later on. He's coming straight from College Hockey so he could use some time playing against men in the A.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I think JVR is gonna go through almost the same process as Bobby Ryan. Might make the club a year earlier then Ryan did in Anaheim

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would be blown away if he makes it this year. I think he will spend this year learning the pro game and getting strong in the AHL. Next year I think he starts in the AHL and gets a crack at the big club later in the year if he progresses as planned.

I think he is 4 years away from making any kind of NHL impact.

I can see van Riemsdyk spending a year in the AHL. Here, he'll get the minutes and learn to play the game against men. I can see him getting a mid-season call up as an injury replacement too. I could also see the potential of Hartnell dropping to the 3rd line too, in spite of the season he produced last year.

Dobber Sports Stud

He will probably be the 1st or 2nd call up if one of the top 6 gets injured so i think he will get in 4-8 games, but still has Nodl to also battle and Nodl seems like he has a more complete game. JvR should definitly make it next year or the Flyers are going to have to make room for him next year.
    12 teams H2H Yahoo
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG... W SV%

2C 2LW 2RW 4D 1utility 2g 3bench

Crosby Berglund
    Hartnell Perron
    Wheeler Vrbata
    Karlsson, Giordano, Green, Krug
    Ryan Miller, Fleury

Nyquist, Ennis, Soderberg, Hemsky

Letang IR

Dobber Sports Apprentice

What do you guys think the Flyers 3rd and 4th lines will look like? Could Nodl or JVR slip into the 3rd line and move up when Gagne or Briere get injured (not if, but when, lol).

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyaholic View Post
    I would be blown away if he makes it this year. I think he will spend this year learning the pro game and getting strong in the AHL. Next year I think he starts in the AHL and gets a crack at the big club later in the year if he progresses as planned.

I think he is 4 years away from making any kind of NHL impact.
    To me this is best case scenario, Flyers are loaded at forward and will develope him slowly and I think he will need it to. He still needs work on his game and msot big guys just take a little longer.