Thread: Lesser Free Agents

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Lesser Free Agents

We all know about the Gilroy's and Bozak's and Hanson's and the monster Gustafsson but how will these players fare in the NHL or is making it just a pipe dream for some.

All are signings over the last few months but are not upper echelon players or at least being mentioned as such. So who has a shot at doing something and who's going to fill out a minor league roster their entire careers:

MacGregor Sharp
    Dan Sexton
    Brian Connelly
    Peter MacArthur
    Francis Pare
    Jordan Pearce
    Travis Erhardt
    Patrick Mullen
    Mikael Johansson
    Dany Masse
    Andres Ambuhl
    Paul Crowder
    Gino Pisellini
    Johan Backlund
    Justin Bernhardt
    Eric Walsky
    Evan Oberg
    Trevor Bruess

Thanks in advance! Really interested in seeing the player knowledge of some of the members come out!

Cheers!

Dobber Sports Icon

well this isn't my area of expertise at all...

these guys could be australian football players for all i know lol. hope you find what you're looking for in terms of help man.
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Ace

Out of all those names,

here is my list of who has a shot at becoming something:

Hope that helps!

Lol! Most of these guys were part of the mini frenzy of collegiate signings at the end of last season. Some are Canadian junior players and some Euros obviously.

Dobber Sports Ace

haha... yeah not a really good response to your first post.. was just kidding around!

But really, way to dig deep to find these guys. They all sound like future years' draft picks in an EA hockey game

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Francis Pare did very well for Grand Rapids. Another full year and he could very well challenge for a roster spot in Detroit's bottom six in 10/11. Think Matt Ellis. Jordan Pearce is also a Grand Rapids signing for Detroit, or he'll play in the ECHL. It all depends on how many games they want Daniel Larsson and Thomas McCollum to start. It's possible that Pearce ends up the backup in Grand Rapids so that both of the other two can take on a full load as starter in the AHL and ECHL. I doubt he ever reaches the NHL.

That's what I have for you right now
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by AngelicAssassin0 View Post
    Lol! Most of these guys were part of the mini frenzy of collegiate signings at the end of last season. Some are Canadian junior players and some Euros obviously.
    wow... how deep are the leagues you play in out of curiousity?

becuase by and large, you really don't hear much about a lot of undrafted guys (maybe 1 or 2 a year)... and most have limited upsides...

the martin st. louis and andy mcdonald types are the exception not the rule. If you're in a league that is deep enough to be considering these guys as options... that's quite commendable...

i'm really sorry i don't have more helpful insight for you. but stick around. Someone here will have an opinion about some of these guys. I can assure you of that.

and by the way, welcome to the forums! good to have you aboard!
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Sage

Jordan Pearce looked siiiiiccckk. It pisses me off when there are teams like Philly that could use a Jordan Pearce, and instead you have Detroit sign him as their #4 or 5 depth goaltender. A-holes.
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Interesting. Where did you see him? Apparently he signed with Detroit to give pro hockey a shot and if it doesn't lead anywhere, he'll go back to his studies - if I remember correctly he's hoping to become a doctor
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Sage

I watched him in the NCAA playoffs this year. Was hoping he'd stay quiet enough for someone like Philly to swoop him up.
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Thanks for the welcome! I'm actually in here as repairmanjack and an id I used the first time I ever logged in here that I can't even remember. When the board changed I tried to log in under my old id and got the "banned for life" message and thought I had to re-register.

I'm in some really deep 30 team leagues(fzusher will attest to) and alot of these guys were snapped up aound the time of the Bozak, Hanson, Gilroy signings(the obvious bigger more coveted names). They will invariably dot the prospect rosters of many teams in my leagues especially when you are able to have anywhere from 30 to 50 prospects.

I've seen some of the college players but was wondering if any of these guys had anything that stood out that would give them a reasonable shot at something more than an AHL career or a forced trip overseas to find employment. In the leagues I'm in I'm a digger and a scrounger and will kick down the door of an outhouse in the Australian outback if I hear there's a hockey player to be found there.

Thanks for all the replies so far.

Love this site-even though it attempted to ban me for life.

Quote Originally Posted by lanky522 View Post
    wow... how deep are the leagues you play in out of curiousity?

becuase by and large, you really don't hear much about a lot of undrafted guys (maybe 1 or 2 a year)... and most have limited upsides...

the martin st. louis and andy mcdonald types are the exception not the rule. If you're in a league that is deep enough to be considering these guys as options... that's quite commendable...

i'm really sorry i don't have more helpful insight for you. but stick around. Someone here will have an opinion about some of these guys. I can assure you of that.

and by the way, welcome to the forums! good to have you aboard!