Thread: John Carlson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default John Carlson

How far away do you guys think Carlson is?

According to nhlnumbers.com, Washington has 10 D either under contract or RFAs:

Green
    Poti
    Pothier
    Erskine
    Alzner
    Jurcina
    Morrisonn
    Shultz
    Sloan
    Collins

Of these, only Pothier and Sloan fall off the books after next season.

Is it safe to say Carlson will not play in Wash next season and probably not the following season?

I\'d really like to have him, but there are a lot of D still eligible to be taken, but with less upside IMO (ie. Karlsson in Ott, Niskanen in Dal, Yandle in Pho). None of these guys will start for me for a couple years, so really looking for the highest upside!

Dobber Sports Sage

Default John Carlson

Living and London and seeing him play night in and night out Id say that he is NHL ready if no more than 1 year away. He SHOULD be playing by next year, if not in WSH than somewhere else.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyaholic View Post
    How far away do you guys think Carlson is?

According to nhlnumbers.com, Washington has 10 D either under contract or RFAs:

Green
    Poti
    Pothier
    Erskine
    Alzner
    Jurcina
    Morrisonn
    Shultz
    Sloan
    Collins

Of these, only Pothier and Sloan fall off the books after next season.

Is it safe to say Carlson will not play in Wash next season and probably not the following season?

I\'d really like to have him, but there are a lot of D still eligible to be taken, but with less upside IMO (ie. Karlsson in Ott, Niskanen in Dal, Yandle in Pho). None of these guys will start for me for a couple years, so really looking for the highest upside!
    I've been wondering the same thing... not so much in reference to carlson, but just in regards to washington's defensive "depth." I really expected them to look at trading at least 2 or more of their defenders (many of which are NHL caliber right now).

I'd have to check to see which ones are on 1-way deals, but I'd be surprised if they have room waiting for carlson at the start of the year. He's most likely going to have to wait for an injury to hit (where he joins the team and forces them to keep him) before he sees full time NHL duty...

... that is if nothing else happens with washington's current depth. If they make some moves... his odds of starting off his NHL career sooner increase drastically.

Dobber Sports Sage

I'd take Erik Karlsson over him.

But John Carlson is not far away.