Thread: [Rumour] Jack Johnson to KHL?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default [Rumour] Jack Johnson to KHL?

Just overheard on TSN that JJ\'s father (his agent?) made an inquiry with St.Petersburg of the KHL. JJ is RFA and it sounds like he isn\'t happy in la la land.

In my opinion, one reason that JJ would be unhappy is that I believe he has always been a free wheeling defenseman and what LA has done is seemingly pegged him as a defensive stalwart, putting guys like Doughty and Quincey on PP#1.

Check out JJ\'s numbers at the World Championship: 9-5-2-7

Maybe he plays a year in the KHL to force LA to trade him? This could be very interesting, certainly something to pay attention to in our fantasy leagues.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Is it just me or does JJ remind you of Eric Lindros and his diva mindset/ginormous ego? They also had their dads as their agents. JJ has already egoed himself out of Carolina and if this is true, that\'s another notch on his ego belt. Bleh.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

He won\'t go to the KHL ---but he certainly has the potential to put up big points somewhere other than LA where Doughty-Quincey (and now Hickey) are competing for PP time.

The LA--Tampa trade should have wheels.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Sentium, if you mean that JJ egoed (not even sure if that\'s a word!?) himself out of Carolina, you mean he resisted the Canes pressure to pull himself out of college early after letting them know he had every intention of completing one more year of college hockey, then yes he egoed his way out of Carolina!

Sure this kid has an ego, but to be great you HAVE to have an ego. Ego is just confidence personified!!!! I\'ll have to email that one to Pierre McGuire!

I\'ve read that when both JJ and Sidney Crosby were at Shattuck, they were roommates (or at least hung out together - and for all you Flyers fans, it wasn\'t just in the showers, you guys are incorrigible!). Top end talent recognizes similar talent. Gretzky and Messier were tight, Messier and Leetch were buds in NY, Bure and Odjick were best buds, oops that doesn\'t belong here!

My point is that I don\'t see JJ as a diva, only that he might be unhappy in his current situation and is investigating his options. I don\'t see diva here at all.

I agree with you Colt.45Orr, I don\'t see JJ going to the KHL and that an LA-TB trade may indeed have wheels. If it does come to fruition, then JJ and Steve Downie (battled over 2 WJHC\'s)could potentially become teammates! Oh man, practices would be warfare, awesome!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

The Comish wrote:
    Sentium, if you mean that JJ egoed (not even sure if that\'s a word!?) himself out of Carolina, you mean he resisted the Canes pressure to pull himself out of college early after letting them know he had every intention of completing one more year of college hockey, then yes he egoed his way out of Carolina!
    Didn\'t know about that. Thanks for the heads up!
    GO WINGS!

Administrator

I don\'t think he\'s the first guy to ever check his options outside the NHL to see what his options are. I feel that this one is getting media attention only because he\'s currently in rumors involving Lecavalier.

I have to wonder... if he\'s really wanting to pressure himself out of LA, and Tampa is the logical destination due to the Lecavalier rumors, wouldn\'t any sane person back off and just stay in LA??? Any player with self-esteem would avoid Tampa at all costs!

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Banned

:lol: these rumors seem to get more ridiculous by the day...can you really see an American born hockey player moving to Russia where he doesn\'t speak a word of English just because he\'s not happy with his lot? I dunno, I just can\'t see it. Maybe his Dad is tying to work that angle to drum up interest but I cant see it being serious

Dobber Sports Ninja

I tend to agree with you on this mcgoo. Obviously having just played in the World Championships with Robert Esche (played last year for St. Petersburg) is where this got started.

The coach of St. Petersburg is an American, Barry Smith. They have a couple of Canadians and several ex-NHLers that I\'m sure speak fair to very good english.

Kasparaitis, Zyuzin, Nils Ekman and Brylin.

Dobber Sports Sage

mister_mcgoo wrote:
    :lol: these rumors seem to get more ridiculous by the day...can you really see an American born hockey player moving to Russia where he doesn\'t speak a word of English just because he\'s not happy with his lot? I dunno, I just can\'t see it. Maybe his Dad is tying to work that angle to drum up interest but I cant see it being serious
    I\'m also in agreement with you Scott.

JJ won\'t be heading to Russia in my opinion.

Dobber Sports Pro

mister_mcgoo wrote:
    can you really see an American born hockey player moving to Russia where he doesn\'t speak a word of English just because he\'s not happy with his lot?
    Pretty much every North American playing in Russia went there because he wasn\'t happy with his lot here ... :P
    Rebulding in two lifetime keepers, squads to follow ...

Banned

fzusher wrote:
    mister_mcgoo wrote:
    can you really see an American born hockey player moving to Russia where he doesn\'t speak a word of English just because he\'s not happy with his lot?
    Pretty much every North American playing in Russia went there because he wasn\'t happy with his lot here ... :P
    Right, but alot of these guys have parents who immigrated from Europe so they speak the language (often a couple of them) or they\'ve picked it up elsewhere, and they are invariably players who are in the sunset of their careers.
    It just doesn\'t make sense for a kid this age I don\'t think. Of course I take your point though, most of the Russians who come over here to play in the NHL speak little to no English and they do just fine