Thread: bertuzzi & cole

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default bertuzzi & cole

I have both Bertuzzi and Cole eligible to come off my IR list and need to drop two players. Here are the possible choices - Elias (injury related obviously), Weiss, Hecht, Vyborny. This is not a keeper league. I am currently in 1st place by a slight margin and with only about 7 games left in the season for most teams I can\'t afford to have a guy in the lineup that is hurt ad not playing. Does anyone know exactly how much longer Elias is to be out? I am definitely going to activate Cole for someone and Bertuzzi is a very intriguing guy, especially for just this short run.

Thoughts? Advice?

Thanks.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re:bertuzzi & cole

I have Elias in my one year pool as well so I have been watching his situation...If you can hold off playing Bert on Monday (you will lose just one game), you will then have two games with Elias (Tuesday and Wed) before Bert plays again to see if Elias comes back. If he doesn\'t, consider activating Bert for Elias on the 28th after the NJ game if Elias still didn\'t play. If Elias is indeed back by then, I would drop one of the other guys. IMO, a mending Elias is just as good as those other guys.

Bert is a gamble, but if you are like me and drafted him at the beginning of the year, it is hard to just drop him. If he keeps playing with Datsyuk, he will get good points and PIMS this coming week.
    On the Coyote bandwagon since 1996...