Thread: Down the DobberHockey Pipeline...

I...am your father.

Default Down the DobberHockey Pipeline...

1. DobberHockey night in Toronto. There was some heavy buzz in the forum a year ago about getting the community together for drinks and fantasy hockey talk. Now I bring that to you - for $25 you can sit at center ice and watch the Marlies play the Bears - GREAT prospects - in a section filled with fantasy hockey fanatics. 10% of you will win an upgrade to the luxury suite with me, where we\'ll eat, drink and be merry . The tickets themselves are at a $15 savings and the upgrade is worth much more. Bring your wife, or your son or daughter, or go with a buddy in your pool. Just make sure you go! This is worth the trip and I guarantee fun. I look forward to meeting you all!!! More details here

2. My ramblings now have a streaming widget available (I\'ll make it available later today). Stick it on your website and never miss an update! It will look just like the blue box on the main page.

3. Stuart McDonald has joined the DobberHockey team as a minor-pro columnist. Matt Bugg will write exclusively about the 15-18 year olds, while McDonald will write about 18-25 year olds. Both articles will appear Saturdays, making DobberHockey a MUST for prospect information every Saturday. McDonald has been a writer for HockeysFuture.com for several years now.

4. Chris Boyle, he of the goalie rankings of the last two decades that I spoke of in my ramblings, has joined the team. Every month starting March 15 he will give you his top 100 rotisserie skaters (one year pools). Now DobberHockey will have FOUR rankings for you to peruse each month.

5. Trade deadline is March 4. Long-time readers know that I am the FIRST to give the fantasy analysis and breakdown of every trade. Proven time and again. As soon as TSN or Sportsnet report a trade on television, I have the analysis up within five minutes. Hell, tsn.ca doesn\'t even have the trade up that quickly. Check in all day on March 4.

6. I am looking into adding a private messaging feature in the forum. Also a \"comments\" section after each article we post. I\'ll make it a reality soon.

7. DobberBaseball.com will release the 2009 Fantasy Baseball Guide within the next week.

Enjoy the DobberHockey experience!!!!

B)
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Wasn\'t there some special tool that was going to be available only to subscribers of your ultimate package? I remember reading that a while ago, but haven\'t heard anything since.

I...am your father.

Yes - that tool will be delayed a couple of months due to the recession (the guy working on it is overloaded right now). But we hope to have it free to all visitors for two months starting in May, but then only to buyers of a pack (for an extra five bucks). WELL worth it though, you will see.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Giant

Wow! These are great news!

Always trying to stay the number 1 FH website! I like that!

Long live to DobberHockey!

Dobber Sports Guru

good news!

i only stumbled upon Chris\' blog when you linked to it Dobber, but his stuff was really good. Glad to see him join the team.

I wonder.. does he post on the forums here?

The King of Diatribes

Dobber,

Adding Chris to the crew is a smart idea. He\'s a very detailed writer. I read his starting goalies stuff all the time and it\'s great how he breaks down some of the statistical components of fantasy hockey...should be a perfect fit for the site here!

Love the widget idea as well.

Blowin\' it up Dobber like usual way to go!!!

If there are a lot of Dobber Nation freaks in Colorado maybe I could do the same kind of thing for you here ... but I don\'t know if anyone wants to spend $$$ on Avalanche tickets haha and I\'m not even able to sit in the stands =/

Dobber Sports Ninja

2 new contributors should be fantastic. I\'m not sure anyone can keep up to this place at this torrid pace.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

cool beans. I\'ll have my 500 browser windows open on March 4th this year, like always.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Kudos for the Chris Boyle move from a faithful Chris Boyle reader. I find his stuff to be highly consumable - really hope he gets a key corner in the Fantasy Guide as well.

Dobber Sports Ninja

How long until we see the Shoeless corner?!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Let\'s see, I think I can figure that out.

If I invest more time on this site writing something regularly, I am going to have to decrease the amount of time I spend with my woman. That is going to piss her off to the point where she will probably disappear on me. When that happens, it would be in my best interest to take on a mistress who has a lower maintenance threshold in terms of time, but she will have a much higher financial threshold because she will want to be kept to make it worth her while. Normally just providing great service is enough, but Korean women have a strong cultural bias to cash and nice cars. So at that point Dobber would have to significantly increase his pay to me so that I could do this. Does anyone see him doing that? Yeah, right - thought as much.

So I believe the answer is, you will have to wait until I am sexually incapable before you see me having a corner.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Well I guess when you put it that way.

I was thinking you could just only post 50 times a day instead of 75 to make up the extra time

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Alright - so what the heck would I write about that is not already covered very well already? Pick a few you like.

* Mastering the autopick draft
    * Using phrenology to predict the best 4th year break out players.
    * How to create strategic alliances with other GM\'s but avoid collusion.
    * Why you should always bench a guy on his birthday.
    * Why wearing a suit to manage your FH team will make a difference.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

doulos wrote:
    How long until we see the Shoeless corner?!
    We see Shoeless\'s \"corner\" at all times of the day Doulos haha
    H2H Keeper League, 16 teams, finished 2nd

Crosby, Gagner, Connolly, Moller, Couture
    Hemsky, Okposo, Stafford, Radulov
    Filatov, Raymond, Macarthur, S Kostitsyn, Tlusty, A Kostitsyn
    Seabrook, Franson, Carle, Letang, Yandle
    Garon, Rolo, JDD, Anderson
    Farm:
    JvR,Soderberg, Backlund, Helenius, Neuvirth, Varlamov, Dubnyk, J Boychuk, Shattenkirk