Thread: Brodeur, Kipper or the King?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Brodeur, Kipper or the King?

At Dobber\'s recent experts draft I was faced with a dilemma. I had to choose between Brodeur or Lundqvist with my first pick. I knew I was likely to go with a goalie for my first pick based on the rules. Understand that I\'m not looking for any validation for picking Lundqvist. I really struggled with this decision before and during the draft. I switched my draft rankings several times. I\'m just curious as to what dobberhockey readers would have done in the same situation.

Brodeur just had arguably the most valuable fantasy season since these things started. NHL record 48 wins, 12 shutouts, 2.18 GAA, .922 Sv%. Goalies account for 40% of the categories (W, SO, GAA, SV%) and you only need two of them. How could I not take him with the 7th overall pick?

In the off-season, New Jersey lost their top defenceman and top centre. To replace them, they brought in Rachunek and Zubrus. The Rangers on the other hand, lost Nylander and Rachunek and gained Gomez and Drury.

In his post draft comments, Bugg who had the next pick said he had trouble deciding between Brodeur and Kiprusoff.

Based on the categories of our rotisserie pool, which goalie would you prefer going into a one year pool? Thanks for your comments.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re:Brodeur, Kipper or the King?

Kipprusoff, Lundquist, Brodeur.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

It would have been Brodeur or Kipper and the King for me. I think in a one year league I would have to go with Kipper - I think he bottomed out last year and look at his numbers - this team will just not be that bad on the road this year - I think they win the division, but Brodeur is still going to be nearly there regardless of who the Devils lost - he is that good and the system wasn\'t traded. Lundie just isn\'t quite at that level yet - but he could be if the cards fall right and the team gels.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Commish - The King and Kipper are really close in my book.
    I\'m a contract year believer and both Kipper and the King have that going for them this year.

Somehow the ageless wonder Brodeur seems to pull it together every year.
    He\'s just wainting for me to finally concede and draft him so he can finally crap the bed.
    RFHL: 12 Member League Founded 1989 Rochester, NY
    Limited 10 Positional Player Keeper League
    G, A, PTS, 2W+OL, SV%, GAA
    C: Tavares, Kopitar, BJugstad, Kesler, Fabbri
    LW: Hall, Benn, Voracek, Fabbri
    RW: Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, MacKinnon
    D: Hedman, Shattenkirk, Fowler, Parayko, S. Jones, Pietrangelo
    G: Price, Murray

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Oh Loki too funny. And honest about how we tend to think in fantasy sports. It goes the other way too - if I don\'t draft Gabbie and the #%%$^ stays healthy .....

Dobber Sports Genius

i\'ve learnt the hard way , just take brodeur, he\'s the safest bet , then lundquist then kipper.
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Brodeur - Kipper - Lundqvist

With Brodeur and Kipper you know, 100%, what you are getting. In addition, Lundqvist can\'t give you much more, if anything, over these two.