Thread: Bo Horvat trade analysis?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Bo Horvat trade analysis?

16 team dynasty league I am currently trying to build a roster that’s competitive but young ( I want a large window ) I won the championship last year but I do enjoy shaking things up. Scoring category are G, A, PTS, Hits, FOW, SOG, BLKs, TOI, W, Sv%, GAA, Sv. Max of 2 goalies on active roster. Minor eligibility is 150 games

My team-

C-, Eichel, Gourde, Barkov, Joel Ericksson Ek, Beniers and Hintz

LW-, Landeskog, Hall, Stutzle and Jack Hughes

RW-Pasternak, Rantanen, Tuch, Vatrano and Nichuskinin

D- Dahlin, Makar , McAvoy, Adam Larsson, Hamilton and Matheson

G- Demko and Korpisalo

Picks-8th overall and 31st overall

Real size roster with 7 player bench, 3 claims a week and unlimited minor streaming (key to my strategy), unlimited IR

Prospects- Voronokov, Pospisil, Drury, Bordeleau , Shane Wright, Akil Thomas, Pomynarov, Jason Blake, Andrew Cristall , Aku Raty, Tysplakov, Danila Yurov, Nikishin, Carcone, Olofsson, Posphil, Kolyachonok, Malenstyn, Danforth, Zamula, Desharnais, and Brock Faber

The trade was- My Bo Horvat, Neal Poink and Ville Koivunen for Roope Hintz, Matty Beneirs and 8th overall

I did this because I feel I bought low and got high upside. Sucks to lose Horvat FOW but how’d I do?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Bo Horvat trade analysis?

The big win here is that Joe Pavelski probably retires and Roope Hintz will take ALL the faceoffs for that line.
    While Hintz centered Pavelski/Robertson, Pavs would take the right-side ice draws for his RH right-pull backhand style.
    Hintz took 560 draws this past year... and he's gonna do 800-1000 draws next year.
    https://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/6791/

(Pavelski himself took 695 this past year! https://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/3985/)

You will have absolutely dominated this trade in the very near future, if not immediately a month into next season:

Next year:
    Hintz > Horvat

In 3 years:
    Beniers > Horvat

In 5 years:
    #8 overall > Horvat

HUGE win.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    The big win here is that Joe Pavelski probably retires and Roope Hintz will take ALL the faceoffs for that line.
    While Hintz centered Pavelski/Robertson, Pavs would take the right-side ice draws for his RH right-pull backhand style.
    Hintz took 560 draws this past year... and he's gonna do 800-1000 draws next year.
    https://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/6791/

(Pavelski himself took 695 this past year! https://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/3985/)

You will have absolutely dominated this trade in the very near future, if not immediately a month into next season:

Next year:
    Hintz > Horvat

In 3 years:
    Beniers > Horvat

In 5 years:
    #8 overall > Horvat

HUGE win.
    I’m agree with that analysis that’s good insight thank you but with how good he was last year does Pavs really retire?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

This is Pavelski's 2nd "really close" of the last 5 years.
    They were in FINAL in COVID season in 2020.

I love Pavelski. He's been pretty much my favourite NHLer for past 5-10 years.
    But the wheels are really starting to go... I see it. I hate seeing it... but I see it.
    I'm about 60/40 on him retiring... 60% yes.

If Dallas wins the cup, he definitely retires.
    If Dallas loses to Edmonton, I'm pretty certain he retires... as the rising EDM-train will feel daunting.
    If Dallas beats Edmonton, but loses in the FINAL - that's the case where he may feel so close that he comes back. This is only a 1/4 case.

He turns 40 in the summer.
    40 is when it's "done" for most guys.
    And Pavelski loves that golf... and might actually chase it.
    He's a good guy - he can survive without the cup... it won't haunt him... it's not a "NEED"... I don't think...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    This is Pavelski's 2nd "really close" of the last 5 years.
    They were in FINAL in COVID season in 2020.

I love Pavelski. He's been pretty much my favourite NHLer for past 5-10 years.
    But the wheels are really starting to go... I see it. I hate seeing it... but I see it.
    I'm about 60/40 on him retiring... 60% yes.

If Dallas wins the cup, he definitely retires.
    If Dallas loses to Edmonton, I'm pretty certain he retires... as the rising EDM-train will feel daunting.
    If Dallas beats Edmonton, but loses in the FINAL - that's the case where he may feel so close that he comes back. This is only a 1/4 case.

He turns 40 in the summer.
    40 is when it's "done" for most guys.
    And Pavelski loves that golf... and might actually chase it.
    He's a good guy - he can survive without the cup... it won't haunt him... it's not a "NEED"... I don't think...
    60-40 makes sense I can agree with that. He was and still is a great player.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Good trade for you for all the reasons already discussed.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf