Thread: Is this a gamble worth taking? Tim Stutzle

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Is this a gamble worth taking? Tim Stutzle

16 team dynasty league I am currently trying to build a roster that’s competitive but young ( I want a large window ) I won the championship last year but I do enjoy shaking things up. Scoring category are G, A, PTS, Hits, FOW, SOG, BLKs, TOI, W, Sv%, GAA, Sv. Max of 2 goalies on active roster. Minor eligibility is 150 games

My team-

C-, Eichel, Gourde, Barkov, Joel Ericksson Ek and Horvat

LW-, Landeskog, Hall, Stutzle and Jack Hughes

RW-Pasternak, Rantanen, Tuch, Vatrano and Nichuskinin

D- Dahlin, Makar , McAvoy, Adam Larsson, Hamilton, Matheson and Poink

G- Demko and Korpisalo

Real size roster with 7 player bench, 3 claims a week and unlimited minor streaming (key to my strategy), unlimited IR

Prospects- Voronokov, Pospisil, Drury, Bordeleau , Shane Wright, Akil Thomas, Pomynarov, Jason Blake, Andrew Cristall , Aku Raty, Ville Koivunen, Tysplakov, Danila Yurov, Nikishin, Carcone, Olofsson, Posphil, Kolyachonok, Malenstyn, Danforth, Zamula, Desharnais, and Brock Faber

To shake up my team I’m looking at potentially offering Tim Stutzle for one of Connor or Meire, Kent Johnson and 4th overall (Catton or Parekh)

I’ve always liked Kent Johnson do you think he reaches his potential and do you think this could be worth it in the long run?

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Is this a gamble worth taking? Tim Stutzle

You got this deal on the table? If not, I don’t see other GM doing it

as much as I like stutzle this is nice haul…
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    You got this deal on the table? If not, I don’t see other GM doing it

as much as I like stutzle this is nice haul…
    I know he wants him. I’ll shoot the offer then

Dobber Sports Superstar

Well, he will have to want Stutzle bad to pay that kind of price but who knows. Send the offer and see what happens.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Hercules

Meier had a really good run after Ruff got fired, I'd be hesitant to sell on him. From March 5th onwards Meier put up 15G, 9A, 24pts, 72SOG in 21GP. He def overproduced in the goals category, but even if he finished around a 70pt pace (17pts/21GP), that's a huge boost from where he was under Ruff this yr.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Dobber Sports Prodigy

He ended up declining the offer

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Nylander View Post
    He ended up declining the offer
    I don't think that really comes as a surprise. Obviously, he wasn't prepared to over pay for Stutzle.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Initiate

wrong time to ask someone to overpay for Stuzle. Wait until he lights it up to start next season.
    ---------
    12 team ESPN H2H
    auction draft (260 budget)
    limited keeper (4 keepers)
    2016-17 Champion, 2017-18 Runner-up
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW
    W,SO,GAA,SV%
    Start 1 LW/C/RW, 3 D, 3 Util, 2 G

C - J. Hughes
    LW - Panarin
    RW -
    D - Bouchard
    G - Levi

Packer Fan

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Yeah I wasn’t looking to move him more or less sending a offer out of curtsy

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Tiramisu View Post
    This is great advice! As a non-owner this feels like the smart time to "buy in" on him and Im not sure Id be making him available for trade- thats just my position though.

I wanted to chime in and say as a fellow KJ owner- there are some things I do find troubling about his projections...

First off- as talented as he is- and thats beyond argument at this point- he has just been so, so reluctant to shoot the dang puck lol!! I know we have to factor in age, icteime, deployment- but his sogs in the NHL so far have been brutal- lol! I think this last season in the A offers a small glimpse of hope as he was finally able to put up about 3 sogs per game- 29 in 10- but in the NHL its been close to like 1-1.5 which is crazy low. Im hoping this AHL stint proves that once hes comfortable he'll assert himself by shooting more but theres at least a risk that he profiles as one of these skill players- even star player that just does NOT shoot the puck. My league is ridiculously sog heavy (arguably too heavy lol!) and this type of player can be a real headscratcher. Nic Backstrom would go from top 30-40 in scoring aka an every day starter in a weekly starts format- all the way down to waiver level in years where he scored at a ppg clip but managed less than 2 sog/game. Im a huge, huge KJ fan but I thought that tendency was worth mentioning. I think he CAN develop more of a shooters mentality and I sincerely hope he DOES- but Im not betting my house on it today...

Last piece- is that I think he was billed as the center to Fantillis wing- but its looking more and more like hes developing into a winger at the pro level. Heck Im not even sure we can bank on Fantillis forward position at this point lol! I still think theyll have exposire to each other hopefully as linemates and almost certainly on the top pp unit- but Im just saying again here- Im just not sure that scenario is "money in the bank" at this point. Probably not a great way to project talent anyways- as mself of 2020 would be happy to explain as he guarantees you that Holtz will make a living as a star triggerman to Jack Hughes. Columbus has immense talent on their roster but they are an absolute mess right now- I dont feel comfortable projecting a lot of success for anyone on that roster outside of Werenski and maybe Gaudreau after redeeming himself on the world stage to some degree this off season. If youre looking for a guy that can replace Stutzle- it may very well KJ gets to that point but I really dont see that happening in the short term- I could be wrong but I always advise caution when it comes to younger prospects.

Im not saying hes a bust or anything- in fact these issues might actually mean you can get him a bit cheaper via trade- Im just not sure Id be looking to move Stutzle for him. 70 was disappointing by Stiutzles standards but I think its well outside of the legit projectable ranges for KJ next year- heck maybe even the year after.

I think this season was a lot closer to the "real Alex Tuch" than last season- do you think a player in that range gets it done?
    Thanks for your input. I see Kent Johnson at his full potential similar to a prime Johnny Guadreau

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Nylander View Post
    Thanks for your input. I see Kent Johnson at his full potential similar to a prime Johnny Guadreau
    I initially thought the ceiling was sky high for Johnson also, but at this point I personally think his absolute ceiling is PPG and that’s if he can put it together which I hope he does. I add this just to hope to dissuade of overvaluing KJ as a potential 100point guy. Is it possible? I can’t say no but I am realistically thinking a 60-70 point guy who hits ppg a few times. Definitely a buy low option in my opinion at this point! Many owners have probably soured on him.