Thread: Jets making Ehlers available?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Jets making Ehlers available?

https://twitter.com/NYCNeil/status/1...YwHXHfBqA&s=19

Sounds like #GoJetsGo    Nikolai Ehlers is available in the trade market. It was reported a while back that Ehlers was believed to have been offered in a trade to the #CauseChaos   . Hard to imagine they aren’t still interested considering Teravainen and Guentzel are pending UFAs. #NHL
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Jets making Ehlers available?

Good maybe he actually gets the minutes he deserves.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

The Great One

Part of me worries that he's been stifled for so long that his confidence and talent have eroded. But then I look at what Barzal did this season when he was finally unshackled and think there is hope for Ehlers. I'm not comparing the two per se, only noting that even though a player might have been receiving suboptimal deployment for a while he can still fulfill his potential, even if much later than originally imagined, once put into a position to actually succeed. And looking at Ehlers, it boggles my mind that he's never even once taken the ice for more than 50% of his team's PP time, and only twice had an average ice time over 17:00.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Part of me worries that he's been stifled for so long that his confidence and talent have eroded. But then I look at what Barzal did this season when he was finally unshackled and think there is hope for Ehlers. I'm not comparing the two per se, only noting that even though a player might have been receiving suboptimal deployment for a while he can still fulfill his potential, even if much later than originally imagined, once put into a position to actually succeed. And looking at Ehlers, it boggles my mind that he's never even once taken the ice for more than 50% of his team's PP time, and only twice had an average ice time over 17:00.
    Unreal stat. insert confused as hell emoji.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Superstar

Ehlers moving on is good for both the player and the club. It's been discussed already, Ehlers needs a change of scenery and perhaps given the opportunity to be the kind of high end offensive forward we all though he would be. The Jets have a bunch of UFA's and RFA's to sign and unloading Ehler's 6M cap hit to help get that done is likely a motivator for Cheveldayoff and it's sure not like that they feel they are moving on from a key and valuable piece of their core, the fit was never good.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Superstar

Being a Jets fan and season ticket holder, we got no problem moving on from Ehlers as he will be a valuable trade asset. He is a great player and may explode in right situation. He can be replaced by Perfetti in top 6, who needs to be given an opportunity. The Jets need to find a big top 4 d-man ( like everyone else) to take the next step in playoffs. Ehlers is a valuable asset that may garner this type of player. Chevy will be looking at all his options - and should be interesting going into the draft. Gives Jets some money to overpay to attract player to Winnipeg as F/A if they go that route.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Initiate

Seattle could use some offense and he'd join fellow Dane Bjorkstrand.

Dobber Sports Master

according to capfriendly his no trade clause is for 10 teams.

I wonder if Pulock - Ehlers straight up makes sense if a top 4 D is what the jets are looking for

Pulock has a full no trade clause until 2027 then it changes to 16 team but he is a manitoba born player (dauphin)