Poll: Canucks vs Oilers

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Western Conference Second Round: (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (2) Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Western Conference Second Round: (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (2) Edmonton Oilers

Pickard to start game 4. I think it's the right call.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Western Conference Second Round: (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (2) Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Pickard to start game 4. I think it's the right call.
    I think the Oilers probably have tonight's game but I call this split a win for the Canucks come back with home ice and chased the #1 goaltender. This has been a fun match up. Are they going to split McDavid and Drai?
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    I think the Oilers probably have tonight's game but I call this split a win for the Canucks come back with home ice and chased the #1 goaltender. This has been a fun match up. Are they going to split McDavid and Drai?
    After the Pickard announcement, that's the question of the day now. Personally I think they should split them up. Like every previous coach in the McDavid/Draisaitl era, they rely on them too much together. I know it's hard not to keep them together, but when you need more than one line to contribute, that's the best way to make it happen.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Novice

Skinner is a problem, but he isn't THE problem.

You want to blame him? His numbers (this postseason) are still better than: HELLEBYUCK, Sorokin, and the combo Talbot/Rittich.
    Yes, those teams are out. But Helle makes $6m, Sorokin $4m, and Skinner makes $2.6m (Cap Hit).

If they wanted a goalie that plays better (and plays every game)... crazy idea coming... maybe they should have invested in one worth more?

Darnell Nurse makes $9.5m and has 2 assist and is a MINUS 6. Codi Ceci ($3.25m): 2 points and MINUS 8!
    Jack Campbell is making $5m to NOT PLAY.

Skinner hasn't played 8 games in a row all year and now that he got put into the firing line 8-straight his performance slips... and people are surprised by this.

Changing a winning strategy causes losses, experts have yet to determine a cause; goalie suspected to be sabotaging $12m player's cup chances.

Bad coaching in the playoffs, specifically on riding 1 goaltender til the wheels come off, is a perennial mystery...
    Last edited by IRSlotsFull; May 14, 2024 at 12:14 PM. Reason: add Campbell
    TKL - Tiered Keeper League - 2/4, 4/6, 5/rest + 1 GK - 4c, 4r, 4l, 6d, 2gk, 5bn

JTMiller, Aho, Ek, Kopitar
    Rantanen, Barzal, Palmieri, Bratt
    Forsberg, Hagel, Stutzle, Joshua
    Fox, Weegar, Doughty, Forsling, Rielly, McCabe
    Manson, Pinto, Frost, Hertl, Henrique
    Oetter, Grubauer

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Oh man. The OldBoysClub™️ hit piece just landed out of Edmonton. Things are getting serious.

On the McDrai thing, I assume Drai’s injury is such that they assume he can’t carry his own line. But then he’s playing 30 minutes. So who knows. Year 10 of this and they thankfully still haven’t managed to build a team that doesn’t get caved with them off the ice.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by IRSlotsFull View Post
    Skinner is a problem, but he isn't THE problem.

You want to blame him? His numbers (this postseason) are still better than: HELLEBYUCK, Sorokin, and the combo Talbot/Rittich.
    Yes, those teams are out. But Helle makes $6m, Sorokin $4m, and Skinner makes $2.6m (Cap Hit).

If they wanted a goalie that plays better (and plays every game)... crazy idea coming... maybe they should have invested in one worth more?

Darnell Nurse makes $9.5m and has 2 assist and is a MINUS 6. Codi Ceci ($3.25m): 2 points and MINUS 8!
    Jack Campbell is making $5m to NOT PLAY.

Skinner hasn't played 8 games in a row all year and now that he got put into the firing line 8-straight his performance slips... and people are surprised by this.

Changing a winning strategy causes losses, experts have yet to determine a cause; goalie suspected to be sabotaging $12m player's cup chances.

Bad coaching in the playoffs, specifically on riding 1 goaltender til the wheels come off, is a perennial mystery...
    Since the coaching change Skinner had better numbers than Demko this season. He's definitely been poor this series though. I don't know what the right move is.

Dobber Sports Novice

You rest them a game BEFORE they start crashing performance. (which is predictable for a GK who hasn't played more than 6 games in a row all year)

There was no sense to playing him all 5 games against LA - games 4 or 5 could have been Pickard - you were winning! Series going fine. Do it then.

Skinner played 12 games in the post season last year and was a 3.68 and .883
    This year he's a 3.22 and .877 - it's improvement on the GAA.
    TKL - Tiered Keeper League - 2/4, 4/6, 5/rest + 1 GK - 4c, 4r, 4l, 6d, 2gk, 5bn

JTMiller, Aho, Ek, Kopitar
    Rantanen, Barzal, Palmieri, Bratt
    Forsberg, Hagel, Stutzle, Joshua
    Fox, Weegar, Doughty, Forsling, Rielly, McCabe
    Manson, Pinto, Frost, Hertl, Henrique
    Oetter, Grubauer

Dobber Sports Star

We are tracking towards Canucks in 7 which is what I voted for. Petey only has 1 goal and our 3rd stringer is winning games. Thatcher is potentially back in Game 5.

As far as entertainment goes and for lack of a better word 'hope' for Vancouver fans, this is as good as it has been for a long long while.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Pickard vs Silovs

just like we all expected

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares, Hertl
    LW - DeBrincat, Boldy, Lafreniere
    RW - Meier, Miller, Boeser, Nichushkin
    D - Dobson, Karlsson
    G - Jarry, Luukkonen

Dobber Sports Ninja

George's Laraque guaranteed a dominating Oilers win tonight. Guess I can go do other things since I already know the outcome.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Lol Oilers

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Lol Oilers
    what do you mean

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares, Hertl
    LW - DeBrincat, Boldy, Lafreniere
    RW - Meier, Miller, Boeser, Nichushkin
    D - Dobson, Karlsson
    G - Jarry, Luukkonen

Dobber Sports Ninja

Playoff hockey is stressful but it's better than not having any

Dobber Sports Star

So.... do you go back to Skinner for game 5? I don't see how you do...

Rylant

Dobber Sports All-Star

Pickard with a short leash if things get out of hand quickly.