Thread: Tarasov

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Tarasov

What is his value moving forward? Is he the starter in Columbus?
    20 Team Dynasty - Categories (Start 4 C, 4 LW, 4 RW, 7 D, 2 SKT, 2 Goalies)

Skater Categories - G, A, PTS, Pim, PPG, PPP, SHP, GWG, HT, SOG, Hits, Blocks, FOW

Goalie Categories - W, GA, GAA, SVS, SV %, SO

C- McDavid, Eichel, Aho, T Thompson, D Strome, R Strome
    LW- Kaprizov, B Tkachuk, Guentzel, Hyman, Slafkovsky, Zegras
    RW- Pastrnak, M Tkachuk, Marner, Boldy, Lafreniere, Peterka
    D- McAvoy, Pietrangelo, Ferraro, M Anderson, McCabe, Seeler, Middleton, Dillon, Murphy, Brodin, Pelech
    G
    - Sorokin, Askarov, Nedeljkovic

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Re: Tarasov

With Merzlikins asking for a trade during the season & the great play by Tarasov late in the season; I think it’s safe to call him a 1b, not a backup.
    I’d bet on the over of 30 starts, but if you ask 41… not sure. Seemingly bright future.
    If nothing else, his GAA, Sv%, and SVs were significant from an unexpected source for my fantasy team this season.
    TKL - Tiered Keeper League - 2/4, 4/6, 5/rest + 1 GK - 4c, 4r, 4l, 6d, 2gk, 5bn

JTMiller, Aho, Ek, Kopitar
    Rantanen, Barzal, Palmieri, Bratt
    Forsberg, Hagel, Stutzle, Joshua
    Fox, Weegar, Doughty, Forsling, Rielly, McCabe
    Manson, Pinto, Frost, Hertl, Henrique
    Oetter, Grubauer

Dobber Sports All-Star

If he’s not #1 then he’s pretty close to becoming it. I could see him starting 30-45 games but it all depends on his results. Goalies are voodoo.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'm a Tarsov owner and I'm not counting on anything next year. In fact, I'll stash him on the farm for as long as I can or until he proves he is a legit NHL starter. One issue I have with him is his injury history. Tarsov has had no shortage of issues early on and that's just not a good thing for a young goalie. We'll see. I'm also not certain what the Blue Jackets are going to do in net. Elvis wants a trade, but the dude is 30 years old, has 4 years left on a 5.4 Mil contract and has basically provided the Jackets with NHL minimum salary value in net over the last 2 years. Trading Elvis and his bad contract may not be easy. There is just too much uncertainty here for me to be comfortable saying Tarsov has arrived and fully established himself as an NHL starter. Maybe. Maybe not.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Demi-God

It's Tarasov's net... for now.
    But every team with a new GM... there's two VERY replaceable parts that GMs can flip and take ALL the credit for change of fortune:
    1. Head Coach
    2. #1 Goalie
    [Pascal Vincent sure didn't work last year... but that was Kekalainen hire... after the Babcock whatever. Interim Davidson may want his "own guy"... for coach and/or net.]

So... don't be surprised if CBJ goes after a "big name".
    Maybe they're a team willing to eat end of Bobrovsky's contract.
    CBJ IS... these days... a "Russian"-heavy team. (Marchenko, Voronkov, Chinakov, Provorov)
    So it may be an acceptable "trade TO" team for Bob.

Bob's gotta open up 16/32 NHL teams as soon as next season (24/25) kicks in.
    Is CBJ on it? TBD.

If FLA wins the cup - he's not moving. FLA will keep him.
    But if he falters... FLA may look to off-load that cap hit to retain Montour and/or Reinhart.
    Spencer Knight is cheaper option.
    And even if Knight isn't ready... they & Stolarz may want to re-up.

Dobber Sports Novice

I dunno, I'd think saying "it's Tarasov's net" is like saying "it's Daccord's net" in Seattle.

You've a goalie that makes >$5m who you're going to bench!? GM's can't move those even if they want to. Gotta play 'em & they're the starter (barring truly horrible performance/attitude).

FLA isn't going to move Bob, not with the performances matching his salary of late. I'd think that's just off the table; and best way to move him is RS (probably through 2 teams since Florida shouldn't retain anything).
    Knight on player's assistance isn't something you can count on as a #1 moving forwards (which really throws a wrench in the plan).
    And Stolarz is going to be in the off-season 2024 goaltender bonanza!

UFAs: Samsonov, Kahkonen, Lankinen, Brossoit, DeSmith, Nedeljkovic, Stolarz, Wedgewood, Talbot, Rittich, Raanta, Reimer, Copley, M Jones...

That's a log jam of availability if ever there were.

Tarasov as a 1, with >50 starts is unlikely.
    Tarasov as a 1b with >30 starts is (I think) the scenario to see.
    Tarasov as a 2 with <25 starts is the middle ground and would be a waste (compared with what he was doing) but is probably just as likely as being 1b.

Columbus isn't cracking into the playoffs yet with what they have, but I think they're improving, slowly - but it won't be more than a round 1 appearance (and exit).
    I think their group is too disjointed on age & peak performance years. Fantilli & Sillinger will be 24 & 25 and Gaudreau & Jenner will be 35... Like a square peg in a round hole.
    Last edited by IRSlotsFull; May 10, 2024 at 2:43 PM. Reason: formatting error
    TKL - Tiered Keeper League - 2/4, 4/6, 5/rest + 1 GK - 4c, 4r, 4l, 6d, 2gk, 5bn

JTMiller, Aho, Ek, Kopitar
    Rantanen, Barzal, Palmieri, Bratt
    Forsberg, Hagel, Stutzle, Joshua
    Fox, Weegar, Doughty, Forsling, Rielly, McCabe
    Manson, Pinto, Frost, Hertl, Henrique
    Oetter, Grubauer

Dobber Sports Superstar

Good discussion! What I'm waiting to see is what CBJ are going to do with Elvis? He's requested a trade but is he tradeable? If so, what is the return? Is this team prepared to "eat it" to move forward and away from Elvis? I dunno. If he's still around in Columbus when the puck drops next year is a 5.4 Mil goalie really going to sit on the bench backing up an unproven rookie. Maybe, but I have my doubts. I also agree with P7 in that the logical thing for Blue Jackets to do is go out and get a starting goalie. BUT....how are they going to do that unless they can unload Elvis?? It will be an interesting summer (:
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf