Thread: Gibson, Copley or Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen, ROS

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Gibson, Copley or Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen, ROS

Hey everyone! This is my first time posting here, but I've frequented the site often over the last two seasons.
    I'm currently trying to decide between Gibson, Copley and Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen to be my second rostered goalie. Categories are sv%, total saves, wins, and shutouts. Its a head-to-head category style league. I can always swap one out if things don't pan out, but I'd like to pick one that I could hold for a few weeks, if not the rest of the season. Any thoughts? I feel Gibson is the most guaranteed to get starts the rest of the year, but that the other two are hotter hands to play now. Thanks in advance for any thoughts/advice!

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Gibson, Copley or Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen, ROS

Welcome. Right now Copley seems to be the safe bet, followed by Luukkonen. It's hard to find a reason to roster Gibby right now. I personally just picked up Luukkonen and I'm hoping to have found lightning in a bottle.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Suzuki
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg,
    Konecny(L/R)
    R-Hyman(L/R), Svechnikov(L/R), P. Kane
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Deity

Welcome to the forums!

My concern with Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen is what's going to happen with him once Comrie's rehab stint in the AHL is up. I don't see Buffalo running with three goalies, and I don't see them placing one of Anderson or Comrie on waivers. UPL is the easy choice to be sent back down even though he's clearly taken over as the starter. That will be interesting.

Right now, I think Copley is the safer bet but he's no guarantee to stay up either but I like his chances better at this point.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I have it like this:

Copley - I think he's more likely to stay up than UPL, and he's taken the crease from Quick. Since LA sent Petersen down, they might try it with Quick. Quick also has a big name, and somebody might want to try him as a tandem guy if salary is retained.

Luukkonen - He's played well, and this is Anderson's last year, I'd think, but we've said that before. Anderson should be tradable if they want to run with him & Comrie, but he may get sent down.

(big gap -a skater is far better, but even an empty roster spot is better, unless you need starts urgently)

Gibson - will provide terrible stats, and isn't going anywhere unless another NHL GM is so stupid as to accept him in trade. He's been bad for 4 years. I'd stream goalies instead. Duncan the Walrus would be better:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzZXoKcmJ-M
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ace

Copley - Like others have said, he’s appeared to lock up the starting gig in LA this season, and should provide solid fantasy value this season.

UPL - He sure seems to be making a case to stay up, even when Comrie comes back. There’s just some uncertainty there. Long term, UPL is my choice. He looks very good. But there’s the chance he gets sent down to the AHL at some point this season.

Gibson - I’ve been defending him for years, but have finally given up hope. I don’t think he’s played well enough for a contender to want to trade for him, and he will only hurt you playing on Anaheim.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the input everyone. I believe I gave Rep properly to everyone for their thoughts.
    I ended up dropping Risto last night to pick up Copley, and got him in the lineup before the Dallas game. Right now I have Saros, Copley and Gibson rostered, though I'm thinking by the end of the week I'll be dropping Gibson, and just riding the other two.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Didn't expect Gibson to get the shutout against Dallas last night. I'll see how both him and Copley play over the remainder of the week, but I may have to hold three goalies into next week now.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sixtyfourbits View Post
    Didn't expect Gibson to get the shutout against Dallas last night. I'll see how both him and Copley play over the remainder of the week, but I may have to hold three goalies into next week now.
    Of course not. You're out, and he drags you back in. Seriously it's his annual shutout. For a guy that well regarded, he's has fewer than one would think.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.