Thread: Help me make up my mind please! Gus, Jones, Copley or Luukkonen

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Help me make up my mind please! Gus, Jones, Copley or Luukkonen

Lots of individual threads have been started about all these 4 goalies and I’ve read them all but I need help determining who of the 4 I should pickup. Im currently in contention to win a championship but this being a dynasty I like trying to get someone who will offer immediate help and hold long term value.

Wins only who can help me more this year?

Filipe Gustavsson
    Martin jones
    Phoenix Copley
    Luukkonen

For this year Im leaning in this order Copley, jones, luukkonen then Gustavsson

Long term I only see Gustavsson and luukkonen

Cheers! Thanks for reading

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Help me make up my mind please! Gus, Jones, Copley or Luukkonen

1. What is your scoring system? Is it wins only, or is that all you care about? Jones has a sub .900 save percentage, and is mostly good for wins. Luukkonen is similar right now, but is of course much younger.

2. Do you have a minors system, and what are the rules regarding it? I ask because Copley is minors eligible in every league I'm in with a minors system. In some of them, he's likely to be eligible at end of year. I wouldn't ignore him as a dynasty option, but his long term value is less than the younger guys, but his games played make him easier to fit more than Jones.

I think I'd have them like this:
    Copley
    Jones
    UPL/Gustavsson

Gustavsson has been a lot better than Fleury, but Fleury has the crease due to his name. I think UPL could get demoted, but he's got nobody nearly as entrenched, even is the guy is wrongly entrenched..
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Re: Help me make up my mind please! Gus, Jones, Copley or Luukkonen

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    1. What is your scoring system? Is it wins only, or is that all you care about? Jones has a sub .900 save percentage, and is mostly good for wins. Luukkonen is similar right now, but is of course much younger.

2. Do you have a minors system, and what are the rules regarding it? I ask because Copley is minors eligible in every league I'm in with a minors system. In some of them, he's likely to be eligible at end of year. I wouldn't ignore him as a dynasty option, but his long term value is less than the younger guys, but his games played make him easier to fit more than Jones.

I think I'd have them like this:
    Copley
    Jones
    UPL/Gustavsson

Gustavsson has been a lot better than Fleury, but Fleury has the crease due to his name. I think UPL could get demoted, but he's got nobody nearly as entrenched, even is the guy is wrongly entrenched..
    Hey! No minor system only a bench! Its just for wins. Seems like Copley might be the guy