Thread: Worth trading for Varlamov (I own Sorokin)?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Worth trading for Varlamov (I own Sorokin)?

I believe Sorokin is the (much) better goalie but when he stumbles you can normally count on Varlamov getting the next start. Islanders have 2 sets of B2B in semi-finals week and finals week. I'm thinking about offering someone like Kubalik or McCann for Varlamov.

Is it worth trading for Varlamov or am I better off streaming guys like DeSmith and Hill, etc.?
    14 team, H2H, daily start, min. 3 goalie appearances, 3 Keepers (round drafted+3) with 1 Goalie max.
    G, A, P, PPP, +/-, PIM, SOG, Hits // W, SV, GAA, SV%, SHO

3C: Norris, Danault, Barbashev (LW)
    3RW: Tippett (LW), Roy, Frederic
    3LW: Knies, Ehlers, Foegele
    4D: Dobson, Gostisbehere, Orlov, Power
    2G: Lyon, Husso
    1Util: M. Foligno (LW, RW)
    4Bench: Brossoit, Werenski, Marchenko, Rossi
    2IR: Zegras

Keepers: Dobson (6th), Tippett (11th), Norris (14th)

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Worth trading for Varlamov (I own Sorokin)?

while I like the mindset you own the most dominant duo in fantasy hockey, the only team in front of me has this duo and it's playing a large part in his success. You can prob get away with just streaming options week to week rather than deal what I think will be a thirty plus goal scorer in McCann and prob even Dominik for that matter. If you are really inclined to deal someone deal MaxPac for an even higher tier piece, I like him as a player but at 34 coming off that injury I am not against dealing away as he may not be the same anymore.

The Great One

I feel like you're overthinking this at least somewhat. I wouldn't make that move.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thanks for the advice. I’ll stand pat.

Dobber Sports Master

Sorokin played b2b recently and looked fine but that was heading into 3 days of rest Xmas break and Schneider is the other option while Varlamov is d2d.

the isles might be in a dogfight right to the end for a wildcard spot during those b2b's you mention while in fantasy playoffs. It's quite possible they need to toss a hail mary by starting Sorokin on those b2b's if they think it gives them an edge.