Thread: Injuries - Advice Needed

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Injuries - Advice Needed

Hey guys,

Could use some advice. Last night I lost Carlson (slap shot to the face) as well as Nichushkin (possible ankle re-injury?). Both IR slots are currently filled by Ehlers and Demko. I also own Gudas who is IR and taking up a bench spot. I'll obviously be waiting to see what the situation is with Carlson and Nichushkin before making any decisions, but what I'm wondering is how would you proceed if one or both are out for awhile.

I obviously have no intentions of dropping Ehlers, Carlson, or Nichushkin, but maybe Demko and Gudas aren't worth holding in order to try to stay competitive each week.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
    Yahoo, H2H Categories, 1 Year, 12 Teams
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 4BN

Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Injuries - Advice Needed

Dropping Hartman gives you a spot to keep Carlson/Nik in the IR if needed. I keep hearing Gudas is coming back. But I’d drop him if you have to. I wouldn’t get rid of Ehlers or Demko either. I’m a bit concerned with Nichushkin and the re-injury. Not sure how serious it is but it is worrisome and worth keeping an eye on that for sure.

Hopefully Carlson can get back in the new year and Demko is what, 2-3 weeks away? Good luck.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Feenom View Post
    Dropping Hartman gives you a spot to keep Carlson/Nik in the IR if needed. I keep hearing Gudas is coming back. But I’d drop him if you have to. I wouldn’t get rid of Ehlers or Demko either. I’m a bit concerned with Nichushkin and the re-injury. Not sure how serious it is but it is worrisome and worth keeping an eye on that for sure.

Hopefully Carlson can get back in the new year and Demko is what, 2-3 weeks away? Good luck.
    Hartman was my streamer... I've since dropped him to get Killorn for a few games. I actually only have 2 IR spots which are currently filled with Demko and Ehlers.

Anyone else have some opinions on how to best move forward? Again, definitely won't be dropping Ehlers... but have been entertaining the idea of dropping Demko to toss Carlson or Gudas on the IR to open up a spot for streaming and stay competitive during all these injuries my team is facing.
    Yahoo, H2H Categories, 1 Year, 12 Teams
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 4BN

Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by The Maritimer View Post
    Hartman was my streamer... I've since dropped him to get Killorn for a few games. I actually only have 2 IR spots which are currently filled with Demko and Ehlers.

Anyone else have some opinions on how to best move forward? Again, definitely won't be dropping Ehlers... but have been entertaining the idea of dropping Demko to toss Carlson or Gudas on the IR to open up a spot for streaming and stay competitive during all these injuries my team is facing.
    my opionion is to drop demko and gudas. i dropped demko in my league. eventually you can most likely pick him back up. gudas is replaceable.

for time time being you would have nichuskin and ehlers on IR, and Carlson using up a bench spot. for the last spot, pick up another LW or pick up Gustafsson if hes still available. he has replaced carlson pretty much on the caps and has been HOTTT

Dobber Sports Veteran

I have been in a similar position. With only 2 I/R spots: MacKinnon, E.Kane along with Rielly, Sandin and No joined on my bench with Martinez and Francouz.
    I have been streaming one spot with my 4 weekly waiver pickups going after volume categories like hits, blocks, shots, face off wins.
    Just riding the injury storm as guys start to recover and return to my roster.
    Good luck.
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    4 weekly goalie appearances minimum
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett
    LW: E.Kane, Kaprizov
    LW/C: Draisaitl, Stutzle
    RW: Marner
    RW/C: T.Thompson, Necas
    RW/LW: Svechnikov
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Sergachev, Gudas