Thread: Is Joey D'Accord the future in Seattle?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Is Joey D'Accord the future in Seattle?

Hey guys, so after a few years my main dynasty league is dead since the commish has vanished and we can't renew. This has shifted my focus to my secondary team, in which I have a problem with goalies. It's a 2 start/week league and I have Fleury, Forsberg, Mrazek and Lankinen as my goalies with Ben Gaudreau as a prospect for the future.

Safe to say, this situation is not good. I am not high on Fleury but he's going ot be my No. 1 for the next 2 years and FOrsberg can be a solid backup. Mrazek is only there in case of an injury, I will not be playing him. I think its safe to dump Lankinen too as he probably won't get that many starts.

I've been looking for under-the-radar future options, and one that stuck out to me was Joey D'Accord. I have seen a number of writers say they are high on him as the future in Seattle, and if Grubauer and/or Jones falters this year he can step in. Would it be a good move to swap out Lankinen for D'Accord as a future insurance type of move? Is he really the future?
    20-team dynasty cats League, Daily sets
    25 keepers, 2 rookies
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPP,GWG, FOW, Hits, BLKS, SOG, Goalie starts,GAA,SV%,SVS,W,

F: O'Brien, Newhook, Wennberg, Tavares, Kuraly, Bjorkstrand, Skinner, Zucker, Bertuzzi, Coleman, Kurashev, N Robertson

D: Dunn, Moser, Matheson, Mintyukov

G: Binnington, Fleury, Forsberg, Dostal, Rittich
    NA: Sogaard, Denisenko, Annunen

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Is Joey D'Accord the future in Seattle?

Honestly, who knows, but I wouldn't put money on D'Accord being a full time starter in the NHL anywhere. But as I say, who knows. Im just not that confident on him.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I do not think so. He's a 26 yr old goalie that has no history of good success in the NHL level. Granted he's only played about 20 NHL or so. Not a big same size, but with Gru signed long-term anyway - I cannot forsee where Daccord just appears to be the " future".

CAN-AM National Hockey League ~ 7th Year - H2H
    CAN-AM Memorial Hockey League ~ 7th Year - H2H
    CAN-AM Canadian Hockey League - 2nd year -H2H
    CAN-AM Vintage Hockey League ~ 1st Year - Roto

Dobber Sports Star

I would not wager on D'Accord being the future #1 goalie anywhere.

Dobber Sports Icon

i agree that D'accord is not the answer here...

But if your league that you lost is on fantrax, contact them, tell them what happened and if commish is gone and league is abandoned they be able to transfer ownership to you or whoever you want. I done this before in the past and they were very accommodating but you need to give them all the facts and commish in fact has to be gone and not run this league with different group of people.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

The Great One

While I think Daccord is a long-shot as an NHL started, I'd still probably take him over Lankinen. Also, sorry to hear about your keeper league. Hope you are able to contact the provider and salvage the league. Are you not able to go into the previous year and at least have a copy of the core teams, players, etc.?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I would say he's probably not. With Grubauer and Dreidger ahead of him, along with the space eater that is Martin Jones, he's at best #4 on the real depth chart. They took him in expansion from a team with very few solid options to pick from in Ottawa, I think they should've taken Tierney as goalie was deep, but they did what they did. I think he's a NHL backup.

Look elsewhere.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.