Thread: REP GIVEN Trocheck Verhaeghe Konecny Garland Kakko Hanifin

Dobber Sports Icon

Default REP GIVEN Trocheck Verhaeghe Konecny Garland Kakko Hanifin

Team in sig.

Keeper decisions coming, we keep 14 total and the following seem like no-brainer keepers:

C: Tavares Larkin Newhook
    W: Marchand Ehlers Forsberg
    D: Hamilton Jones Chychrun Karlsson
    G: Markstrom

So that leaves 3 extra spots among the following:

C: Trocheck, Verhaeghe
    W: Garland, Konecny, Kakko
    D: Hanifin
    G: Samsonov or Vanecek

My feeling is keep Kakko and Konecny given their potential, and then 1 of Garland or Trocheck (although Verhaeghe is so solid).

Garland is solid but depends where he lands, if he stays in Van it's too much of a risk that he will again not get primo PP and ES TOI. That's what happened under Boudreau.

Trocheck can do great in NY, but will he get PP1 time? Solid all-around producer and should have very good peripherals including plus/minus. Verhaeghe similar.

Hanifin had a great season, but he's not a big blocked shots guy and there's risk of regression.

Samsonov and Vanecek are too wild card, and I have Markstrom so can afford to defer getting a 2nd goalie to the draft - we have to start 2 goalies each week.

One potentially key consideration is the plus / minus category (hate that, but it's a reality) - my forwards are all solid but my D almost all around has the potential to be a disaster - Jones, Chychrun (if he stays in AZ) and Karlsson all high risk Hamilton should be ok but who knows. So that factor may militate in favor of keepers on good teams, like Trocheck and Verhaeghe, and possibly against a guy like Konecny.

Thanks!!!

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: REP GIVEN Trocheck Verhaeghe Konecny Garland Kakko Hanifin

I like Kakko and Konecny for the reasons you mentioned.

I don't like Samsonov or Vanecek, their variances for what they could be are pretty wide. Don't like Hanifin, I don't see last year as a trend upwards. I like Trocheck as someone who won't necessarily jump into high end production but should deliver a pretty dependable baseline. Especially with talented wingers around him.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    I like Kakko and Konecny for the reasons you mentioned.

I don't like Samsonov or Vanecek, their variances for what they could be are pretty wide. Don't like Hanifin, I don't see last year as a trend upwards. I like Trocheck as someone who won't necessarily jump into high end production but should deliver a pretty dependable baseline. Especially with talented wingers around him.
    Thanks bud. Another consideration is the typical abundance of good depth C available in the draft, so usually keeping 4 C (when we start 3 or max 4 each week) isn't always prudent versus keeping W or D. But here if I do go with Trocheck or Verhaeghe, with Konecny and Kakko I'd be keeping 5 W and can focus on picking up solid depth Ws and Ds in the draft along with a 2nd goalie.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Thanks bud. Another consideration is the typical abundance of good depth C available in the draft, so usually keeping 4 C (when we start 3 or max 4 each week) isn't always prudent versus keeping W or D. But here if I do go with Trocheck or Verhaeghe, with Konecny and Kakko I'd be keeping 5 W and can focus on picking up solid depth Ws and Ds in the draft along with a 2nd goalie.
    Ah, I didn't account for positional differences between forwards. Still, the thing that attracts me to Trocheck is that I think his floor is pretty high, even if his ceiling is unspectacular (but if he gets PP1 time somehow...). If you hesitate on a C, then I'd prefer Verhaeghe. Riding shotgun with Sam Bennett is a good spot. I share your hesitancy with Garland, he seems like the kind of player whom management could easily jerk around.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    If you hesitate on a C, then I'd prefer Verhaeghe. Riding shotgun with Sam Bennett is a good spot.

He's not riding shotgun with Bennett, he's tied at the hip with Barkov! That's what makes him so intriguing as an option. That plus he's only 26.

Dobber Sports Star

He's not riding shotgun with Bennett, he's tied at the hip with Barkov! That's what makes him so intriguing as an option. That plus he's only 26.
    Sorry, it's July and the margaritas have erased my hockey brain. Keep that in mind when evaluating my responses above.

Dobber Sports Star

Uhhh, am I missing something here?

Newhook? Respectfully Ross, are you drunk?

I would boot his lame ass to the curb and then keep the bolded 4 below:

G: Samsonov or VanecekI would hate keeping that many centres in this format though. Yuck. So I think you have some trading to do.

On the goalies, how many are usually kept from year to year? With weekly lineup changes I don't think you can really keep Vanecek or Samsonov, but maybe you have to? Tough call there.

In a weekly lineup change league, you want durable players with a solid floor. So I think Verhaghe is a must, and I think Trocheck is in there too. CV has had dual eligibility in a lot of leagues in the past... any chance that lands for him? I think for #4 you probably toss a coin around a bunch of times. I'd probably gamble on Samsonov in Toronto.

Dobber Sports Icon

i would actually keep all 3 goalies, i have feeling Samsonov is the starter by December at the latest and i do like NJ a lot and Vanecek just signed a new contract.

I would be additionally dropping Newhook and Jones and keep Trocheck, Verheaghe and one of Kakko or Konecny (personally i would keep Konecny)

i know dropping Jones sounds weird but with situation in Chicago and your league counting +- i would not want Jones on my team for next few years...maybe try trading him to get something.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyhockeygeek View Post
    Uhhh, am I missing something here?

Newhook? Respectfully Ross, are you drunk?

I would boot his lame ass to the curb and then keep the bolded 4 below:

G: Samsonov or VanecekI would hate keeping that many centres in this format though. Yuck. So I think you have some trading to do.

On the goalies, how many are usually kept from year to year? With weekly lineup changes I don't think you can really keep Vanecek or Samsonov, but maybe you have to? Tough call there.

In a weekly lineup change league, you want durable players with a solid floor. So I think Verhaghe is a must, and I think Trocheck is in there too. CV has had dual eligibility in a lot of leagues in the past... any chance that lands for him? I think for #4 you probably toss a coin around a bunch of times. I'd probably gamble on Samsonov in Toronto.

Wow, not sold on Newhook eh? I love his potential. Admittedly the question with Newhook is Kadri leaving and him immediately inheriting the 2C spot, and the jury’s out on whether that happens. For sure win now a Trocheck or Verhaeghe is better keeper, esp w Verhaeghe only 26. Definitely food for thought there, especially as young prospect Cs of Newhook’s type will also be available in the draft to bet on if I choose to.

No dual eligibility for CV, that’s extremely rare in CBS.

On the goalies, normally about 2/3, often more, of our 14 GMs keep 2 goalies. This year I bet only 2-4 teams max keep only 1. You need to start 2 Gs each week and cats are W, Sv% and GAA, and goalie cats are 3 of 9 so significant. So keeping Samsonov, given age and upside and with Murray’s injury history meaning a shot at no 1 in Toronto (and potentially a longer term contract), not a bad bet. He’s certainly motivated to succeed on that show me contract.

I definitely won’t keep both Trocheck/Verhaeghe though, only 1 of them and will keep both Konecny and Kakko. Kakko would be my one young/unproven prospect keeper which is a good bet if I don’t keep Newhook and given W more scarce/valued position.

Thanks man, rep given!

Dobber Sports Star

How high does Newhook's upside have to be to justify keeping him. 80 in a few years? Because Trocheck or Verhague should be in the 60-70 range this damn season. I don't see Newhook as having that kind of upside.

Besides, Kaakko has that kind of upside. And people would be pushing back on you for keeping him here as one of your "no brainers".

Fine to keep Newhook here, but he is definitely not a no brainer in this format with no farm.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    i would actually keep all 3 goalies, i have feeling Samsonov is the starter by December at the latest and i do like NJ a lot and Vanecek just signed a new contract.

I would be additionally dropping Newhook and Jones and keep Trocheck, Verheaghe and one of Kakko or Konecny (personally i would keep Konecny)

i know dropping Jones sounds weird but with situation in Chicago and your league counting +- i would not want Jones on my team for next few years...maybe try trading him to get something.
    Thx for thoughtful comments bud. Samsonov is intriguing - can only keep 2 so it’d be him and Markstrom.

Dropping Jones is a bridge too far for me - he’s still a 50-60 pt dman with great peripherais other than plus minus. Can’t fathom dropping him, especially as it’s possible he could be traded at deadline despite the crazy contract.

Dobber Sports Icon

Thx for thoughtful comments bud. Samsonov is intriguing - can only keep 2 so it’d be him and Markstrom.

Dropping Jones is a bridge too far for me - he’s still a 50-60 pt dman with great peripherais other than plus minus. Can’t fathom dropping him, especially as it’s possible he could be traded at deadline despite the crazy contract.
    he is 50-60 point D man on good NHL team..i agree. Chicago wont be an NHL team for 2-3 years and wont be a good NHL team for 5-6....i have a feeling he could be dealt at some point but if he isnt i want no part of him..

i tried to get Tony D and Jones for Schefiele with small add...almost had deal done in May but other GM backed out...he been bombarding me with this trade ever since Tony D signed in philly and Chicago got dismantled but now im the one that is rejecting
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Icon

Thanks for all the replies gents - rep coming to a couple of you as soon as I "spread it around".