Hi all

Not much of a poster but been lurking for years.

As per sig below, I'm in a 10-team CBS roto limited keeper auction league with weighted skater categories of G, A, +/-, SOG, PIM, Hits. The cat weights are as follows:
G = 17.5 per ranking position
A and +/- = 12.5 each
SOG, PIM and Hits = 7.5 each
This means that if you are tops in the G category, you earn 175 points, while 2nd place has 157.5 points, third has 140 points, etc; for A and +/-, top spot is 125 points, 2nd is 112.5, etc; and for SOG, PIM and Hits: 1st is 75 points, 2nd 67.5 points, etc.

We set our lineups once a week. Positions are differentiated only by F, D and G. We start 12 F, 6 D and 3 G each week. No minimum or maximum starts.

Going into the auction, each team has a budget of $28 minus cost of keepers. For perspective, currently the league's most expensive players are Vasilevskiy at $8.20 and McDavid at $7.10. After that, there's quite a dropoff, to Draisaitl at $5.10, Crosby at $4.70, Tavares at $4.50, Ovie and Markstrom at $4.10, etc. As for player contracts, when a player is won at auction, they can stay on a team for up to 5 years--3 years at winning bid cost (A, B or C contracts), or if desired a GM can (only after the B year has concluded) extend players at 60 cents per year for a max of two extra years (D or E contracts). Players whose contracts are expiring at end of year (ie C contracts) return to the pool to be bid upon at the following season's draft. We also can drop players any time we want. We use injuries to pick up free agents on the wire once a week, with moves limited only by the number of injuries in our lineup. Free agents cost $1.

After each year we can keep as few as 7 or as many as 12 players (max two G), as long as they are not C contracts. Having won the league championship 3 of the last 4 years, my keepers as a result have thinned out considerably--contenders frequently trade cheap talent for C contracts to bolster their lineups down the stretch.

With all that out of the way, I'm putting together my keeper list (not due til late Sept) and trying to figure out whether to keep Sam Bennett, Ryan Hartman or neither. Both are $1 waiver pickups over the years, with Bennett a C contract this upcoming season and Hartman a B. I likely wouldn't extend Bennett. Both come with uncertainty. With Huberdeau gone, who does Bennett play with? How will that affect his point pace? Will Hartman keep his spot on Kaprizov's line, both at ES and on the PP? Other than his advanced stats being more consistent with those of years past, the only clear advantage Bennett provides over Hartman is in Hits.

One final point to add is that this upcoming year's draft pool is overflowing with high-end talent due to the fact that Covid wreaked havoc on our last two drafts and many C contract players were kept by teams and not returned to the draft pool for simplicity's sake. Many GMs are going into the draft with lots of $$ to spend. Me, not so much, likely somewhere between $12 and $15, depending on any more summer trades I may make. Meanwhile, some GMs may have $18 or more. So I wonder if the buck I'd spend on Bennett or Hartman might better be spent in the draft.

All insights appreciated. Apologies for such a long post for such a short question. Tried to provide as much useful info as possible. Cheers.