Thread: Sharangovich Upside?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Sharangovich Upside?

In points only league, Sharangovich is on my bubble for protects. He has been great lately. Just wondering what everyone thinks his realistic upside is in the next 2-3 years?

I could trade him for a couple of late picks in our next draft.

It is between him and Lundkvist. I do need help on D more, but Lundkvist does need to get traded. That is another story though. lol.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Sharangovich Upside?

He’s got a good enough shot to put up some 30 goal seasons. And he always seems to find himself gravitating to a line with Jack Hughes who is in the middle of breaking out into the star he was expected to be. They have chemistry going back to the second half of last season and it’s starting to rekindle since they’ve been reunited.

I think he can be a 60-65pt player personally. With potential for more should he and Hughes develop into a bonafide duo.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenInferno View Post
    He’s got a good enough shot to put up some 30 goal seasons. And he always seems to find himself gravitating to a line with Jack Hughes who is in the middle of breaking out into the star he was expected to be. They have chemistry going back to the second half of last season and it’s starting to rekindle since they’ve been reunited.

I think he can be a 60-65pt player personally. With potential for more should he and Hughes develop into a bonafide duo.
    Thanks for the insight.

Dobber Sports Deity

Great last year, terrible start to this year and finally finding his way. I agree that he has 25-30 goal potential and 60ish point potential most years. That being said, I do like Lundqvist a lot too.

The information given is somewhat vague so it's hard to give an accurate answer on who you should keep or trade. I can only tell you what I think I know and answer the question you've posed on Sharangovich.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

In the near term, this year and next for sure, Sharangovich is likely the better own. He is producing now and he's in a great position to continue producing. I, like others, love Lunqvists' potential, but I think we can all agree that he is not in a great situation whatsoever to fully realize that potential any time soon. If we had more information about your team it would help immensely in determining which of these guys is the better way to go.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Novice

Thanks everyone. Here is my team I am planning to have next year (out of playoffs this year) and it is between Sharangovich and Lundkvist as my last protect. We start 6 F, 3 D and a Goalie. We protect 14 in the offseason

Point
    Kaprizov
    Wheeler
    Barzal
    Terry
    JT Miller
    Holtz
    Pinto
    Rossi
    Kent Johnson

Byram
    Drysdale

Peterson

Last protect would be Sharangovich or Lundkvist

We have a 4 round draft every year. I have 6 picks already in the draft and I have an offer for Sharangovich for a 3rd and 4th round pick. So 2 low picks basically taking flyers on players or okay vets at that part of the draft.

If Lundkvist gets traded then his stock goes back up. It is trade deadline tomorrow so this offer for Sharangovich will probably not be there in the summer. So I am deciding if I should just trade Sharangovich and take the picks or keep him and see what happens in the summer. I could keep him and drop Lundkvist and redraft him. That is another option.

I guess if Sharangovich can push for 60-65 next year i would rather keep him, but if he is just a 50-55 pt player, then picks maybe better. I do need immediate help on D.

Seems like is Sharangovich worth 2 low picks + Lundkvist?

Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd take the offer for the picks. It seems like those picks can likely get you a similar player. I'm not sure Pinto is really a keeper.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I'd take the offer for the picks. It seems like those picks can likely get you a similar player. I'm not sure Pinto is really a keeper.
    Thanks for the insight. I drafted Pinto pretty high last year and he got hurt. Want to give him a year to see what he has got.

Dobber Sports Novice

We also have 20 teams in the league. each protecting 14 and 4 rounds of draft picks each year.

The Great One

I'm curious to see the other players you are dropping. I wouldn't be holding Pinto based solely on where you drafted him. There are 280 keeps in your league, you have some iffy ones.

I'd also take the two picks. I agree that this offer won't be there in the summer.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I'm curious to see the other players you are dropping. I wouldn't be holding Pinto based solely on where you drafted him. There are 280 keeps in your league, you have some iffy ones.

I'd also take the two picks. I agree that this offer won't be there in the summer.
    I am dropping Grzelcyk and Martinez and Montour.

The hopes in trading Sharangovich so I can shore up my D.

Tough decisions.

Dobber Sports Novice

Thanks everyone for your input. I was able to trade Sharangovich for a upgrade from around 55th to the 21st overall pick in 2022 (1st in the 2nd round) and a 2nd round pick in 2023 (which should be 21st to 23rd overall) and Dvorak (needed a body)

Thanks again.