Thread: Too many G's - flip one?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Too many G's - flip one?

I nabbed an extra G or two in our draft last night so that I'd have a trade chip. Here's my stable:

Vasilevskiy
    Ullmark
    Saros
    Jarry

Of course Vas is not going anywhere. But I could easily flip one of the other three. We count Wins, Saves, GAA and SVP. Here's the thing - Fantasy Hockey Geek rated Saros as # 4, Jarry as #7, Swayman, who is a FA in our league, as the #8 goalie, and Ullmark at #15. I think I'd have ranked Ullmark higher than Jarry, but I guess they're looking for a return to form? And Saros is on a pretty poor team that lost some D strength. Having said all that, how do you guys rank them? I don't necessarily need to keep the top 3 if it helps me to make the trade, but I want to know what I'm giving up. I'm thinking about swapping Ullmark for JT Miller and suggesting that the other owner grab Swayman. He only has Helly and Vanecek right now. That would give him a nice group. He's a Noobie and I am pretty sure he'd buy it. And I need some points that Miller will give me.

Thanks guys!
    C: Kopitar, Jarvis (RW), Thomas
    RW: Wilson, Bratt (LW), Zuccarello, Svechnikov (LW)
    LW: B. Tkachuk, E.Kane, Boldy (RW)
    D: Matheson, Rielly, Dahlin, Burns
    G: Shesterkin, Vasilevskiy, Kochetkov
    IR+

10 Team H2H, one year, G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, HIT, W, SVP, GAA, SV
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2Util, 2G

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Too many G's - flip one?

Id definitely offer Ullmark for Miller.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Jeebus... Saros at #4.
    I saw somebody draft him early the other day...
    Good for SV%... and SV... but I think Wins and GAA ('cause he's gonna get peppered) will be a big hurt.

I'd find the Josi owner and ask him if he's interested.

I would definitely work to combine up Ullmark/Swayman and move out one of Jarry/Saros.
    I assume you are going to have some same-day-benchings with four Eastern goalies.
    That's just wasted value - so definitely you should move one.

If you can't move one of Jarry/Saros, then taking on JT Miller for Ullmark is a good move.
    (And I'd still try to find a way to get Swayman on roster).

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks HR and P7. You guys are awesome - always quick to give excellent advice. Rep given! I don't have anyone chomping at the bit to take Jarry or Saros. And I agree that the Swayman/Ullmark tandem might serve me best. But moving Ullmark for Miller might be my only/best play right now. We will see. If the other guys are paying attention they will be asking me for a goalie soon enough.
    C: Kopitar, Jarvis (RW), Thomas
    RW: Wilson, Bratt (LW), Zuccarello, Svechnikov (LW)
    LW: B. Tkachuk, E.Kane, Boldy (RW)
    D: Matheson, Rielly, Dahlin, Burns
    G: Shesterkin, Vasilevskiy, Kochetkov
    IR+

10 Team H2H, one year, G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, HIT, W, SVP, GAA, SV
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2Util, 2G

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd offer him his choice of the non-Vasilevskiy options for Miller, or at least include Jarry in his options. Keeping Ullmark and grabbing Swayman sets you up nicely do deal a goalie for another upgrade, if that works.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.