Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [RE-SIGNED] Shersterkin - 4yrs $5.65 AAV

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: [RE-SIGNED] Shersterkin - 4yrs $5.65 AAV

Quote Originally Posted by niconasr View Post
    I get that, but I don't think it means Shesterkin deserves all that much more than Samsonov. Based on sample size, this is a very risky deal.

I'm on your side though, I believe this will be a good deal when we look back on it, but it carries a significant amount of downside, while Samsonov doesn't.
    If Samsonov rocks it next season, how much do you think he's going to ask for?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I prefer Shesterkin by a sizeable margin to Hart, and Hart to a sizeable margin to Samsonov. All three of these contracts make sense and a commensurate with performance/value.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I prefer Shesterkin by a sizeable margin to Hart, and Hart to a sizeable margin to Samsonov. All three of these contracts make sense and a commensurate with performance/value.
    Agree on that order

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Agreed!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    If Samsonov rocks it next season, how much do you think he's going to ask for?
    He's probably going to ask for something in between Shesterkin and Hart. Around 4M$ on a shorter deal and slightly above 5M$ for a longer term. I guess...

But I agree with all of you, Samsonov is a tier (and maybe even two) below Shesterkin and Hart, in my mind.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

A thing to consider when it comes to this contract is that Shesty isn't some kid who's been toiling in the minors or junior leagues - he's already 25 and has been successfully playing pro hockey for years in Russia. This is the same reason Kaprizov is demanding such a huge contract after his "rookie" year - guy has been a pro for a while and knows his worth.