Thread: Ullmark, Elvis, Kahkonen and Petersen - next season and further

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Ullmark, Elvis, Kahkonen and Petersen - next season and further

I own the 4 goalies mentioned in the topic name, and GMs pushing for the PO are starting to ask about potential goalie trade - Kahkonen mostly.
    I am in a rebuild, but would like to start competing a little starting next season. Since goalies are really valuable in our league, and I lack in other areas, I would like to use the opportunity and sell as high as possible. Especially since I will be keeping 2 goalies, maybe 3.

Who should I keep and who should I (try to) trade?

Cats are W, L, GA, SV, SV% and SO.

Ullmark - he is the only clear no. 1. And he is doing pretty good, considering how poor BUF results are. But, will BUF ever turn it around?

Elvis - He seems to be the best goalie in CBJ and perhaps the best in this group(?). Concerns are injuries and CBJ somehow struggling as well.

Kahkonen - 2 weeks ago, I thought he was the odd one out. Right now, I think he is the best one. MIN is doing good job and he is outplaying Talbot. On the other hand, I think he generates the biggest interest from the other GMs. So, Should I sell high?

Petersen - He is the future of LA, but the future in not here yet. Is he even worth keeping over the other three, I am not sure. I also doubt he has any trade value right now.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Ullmark, Elvis, Kahkonen and Petersen - next season and further

I'd try to trade Elvis. In a timeshare, but still has a lot of trade value.

Ullmark is a better hold than trade chip. He gets points but his bad team / small market brings his percieved value down.

Kahkonen's value is way up but I love the guy and wouldn't want to lose him.

Petersen will be great one day but won't net you much in the mean time
    16 Team, H2H Dynasty Cap 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G, 3B, 10 Minor - Scoring G / A / P / PPP / SOG / Hit / Blk / TOISH - W / GAA / SV / SV%
    Forwards: Gaudreau, Barzal, Beniers, Raymond, Trocheck, Byfield, Quinn, Couturier, Chytil, Crouse, Farabee, Rasmussen, Podkolzin, Monahan, Killorn
    Defence: Sergachev, McAvoy, Sanderson, Hronek, McCabe, Broberg
    Goalie: Demko, Merzlikins, Schmid
    F Minors: McTavish, Eklund, Sillinger, Nazar, Kasper, Lekkerimaki, Ostlund
    D Minors: Edvinsson
    G Minors: Askarov, Cossa
    Picks: 2023 1.01, 1.14

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Kahkonen is your biggest trade chip but I wouldn't want to lose him.. Petersen I would also want to hang onto.. I would try and squeeze out what I could for Elvis!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I have traded Kahkonen back then (for Connor Garland, who will be keeper and Ty Smith as a prospect), funny thing, 2 weeks later and I am on the same boat again.

I have streamed G while Ullmark was out and ended up with Campbell.
    So, now I have Ullmark, Elvis, Petersen and Campbell. As Ullmark is coming back from IR, I will need to drop or trade one ASAP again.

Ullmark is undtradeable. Is he a drop now? The whole situation in a BUF is a mess, does not look like they are going to turn it around... What if he sign elsewhere though, he looks solid.

Petersen looks more and more like a keeper. And Kings are not looking that bad, should get only better in the future.

Elvis - Still believe he is the future starter in CBJ.

Campbell - He can steal games from Andersen this season. But can he become at least 1B in TOR? If so, he might be worth a gamble as a keeper. Or is he just an ideal trade bait for teams pushing for a win this year?

So, who whould you trade/drop? Side question, which 2 would you keep as keepers into next season?

Dobber Sports Ace

I’d keep petersen and Elvis for sure out of that group. Then 3rd probably keep ullmark but wouldn’t blame you for wanting to cut ties and keep Campbell

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Elvis/Petersen are the keepers of those 4.

Campbell is a 1B right now, due to Andersen's injury. I think Ullmark is more talented than Campbell, but the team is way worse.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Just wanted to give you an update. I have traded Campbell + 2. round pick (pick no 165., if I consider we are 12 teams and keep 12) for Laine. Hopefully it is going to be prime example of buy low - sell high, and not me trading away future no. 1 on a good team for a winger loosing scoring touch...

Also thanks for the advices. I will most likely keep Elvis and Petersen as adviced, was also leaning to them. But I will keep Ullmark till of season, maybe he really signs or gets traded elsewhere.

Goalies are such a voodoo, basically all 6 goalies I mentioned here are my FA pickups from previous, or this season. And I am still getting some wins over teams that kept 3 "sure" reliable starters.

Dobber Sports Master

Ullmarks fortunes could change if he tests the market in the offseason or heck , gets traded to a contender down the stretch here . Dubas made a call regarding his availability according to Fridge

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Campbell for Laine should be a steal. Even Tortorella is praising Laine lately!
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.