My picks at the moment:

2021: 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 7, 8, 9
2022: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

The offer is a 3rd in 2021 from Me for Giroux, a 5th in 2021 and a 6th in 2022.

He was initially just wanting to do the 3 for 5 swap, but I asked for the 6th as well because the 3rd is his original pick, and it'll be Top 3 in that round, and the 5 he's offering will be late round (he got it from a team that is Top 3). I don't like that the 3 is high and the 5 is low, and I don't have a 4 already, and he wants a 2 rd upgrade.

He's talking trade with one of the teams chasing me that just picked up Wheeler, and he said they're working on something bigger but Giroux potentially would be in it. This is strictly a rental for me, and I'd be dropping Gourde. When Seguin is healthy, I'll also have to drop someone. The team tied with me has Barkov out and just traded Wheeler and lost Kapanen as well, so I think he's more realistic and he's looking more to next year vs fighting for 4th, as he doesn't seem to have the time right now to be aggressive for this year, plus he's not a 4th place chaser I don't think lol.

Is this worth it to push for the money? I'm right in the thick of the race right now, I'm sitting in 5th and Top 4 cash, and there is a roughly 60 pt gap to the teams I worry most about below me taking into account games played.

I've also got guys like Schenn and Monahan on my bench at the moment as they have been doing nothing, so will have some games to make up.

I can also just stand pat and wait for Seguin to return and hope I get some production between Schenn, Monahan and Hall, I think my team is fairly deep just underperforming guys.

I'd also like to add the team that picked up Wheeler has Kucherov and Eichel out, so maybe he's trying to move Kucherov or something to get a keeper off the team with Giroux, not sure, but I'm 40-45 pts up with games in hand. I'm just speculating based on what the Giroux owner told me, I initially thought the team with Kuch/Eichel was looking more to next year, but they've caught lightning in a bottle with guys like Nedelkovich and Verhaeghe, and have some other good pieces, so while it had been a struggle for awhile, they've picked up steam lately, as has another team that would be the other one I worry about below me.