Thread: Season End Date for Fantasy

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Season End Date for Fantasy

I could not find the original thread for this. Looks like ESPN has changed the end date from May 8th now to May 13th. Does anyone know yet when Boston and Edmonton's latest postponements will be rescheduled to?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Season End Date for Fantasy

12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Immortal

Hm...I wonder if Yahoo will be doing this. I hope they at least give you an option.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Hm...I wonder if Yahoo will be doing this. I hope they at least give you an option.
    i just checked yahoo. not an option currently. still last day for season end is May 8
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Prodigy

We play in a daily league and trying to decide if it's best to max out games on May 8th or not. With ESPN, as long as you are 1 under GP at that position, you can play a full team at that position and accrue points for that night. Have Kane and Pavelski (so far playing on May 9, 10th). Also have Barrie and Pastrnak, and their games may also get resheduled to after May 8th. But then there's the possibility that these games will be meaningless and these guys won't play. What's others' strategy at the moment?

The Seeker

Last time I opened a chat with Yahoo they were not planning on extending the season. Which is complete BS. How hard can it be? Everyone here should, if they have time available, pester Yahoo until they pull their heads out of the asses.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Master

are there games scheduled up to the 13th ? I see 1 game on may 9th(sunday) and 4 games on may 10th (monday)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Only games scheduled thru May 10th so far, but ESPN now shows the games on May 9th and May 10th (before ESPN ended May 8th), and May 11th-13th is now available as well. I heard the NHL will announce soon games on May 11th. I guess all the complaining worked.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Last time I opened a chat with Yahoo they were not planning on extending the season. Which is complete BS. How hard can it be? Everyone here should, if they have time available, pester Yahoo until they pull their heads out of the asses.
    There was a year (2015 I think) where GAA and SV% got bugged in the last week of the season. They never fixed it. To this day it says I won a league when I actually finished 3rd.

Expect Yahoo to do nothing more than operate their system as is.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    There was a year (2015 I think) where GAA and SV% got bugged in the last week of the season. They never fixed it. To this day it says I won a league when I actually finished 3rd.

Expect Yahoo to do nothing more than operate their system as is.
    Ya I remember that affecting my league as well. Maybe not as drastic.

I'm ok with them keeping it as it. You knew COVID would be a major factor. You know which teams have missed games. What happens if it goes 2 extra weeks? Do you just add in the games to the final week? For leagues with moves limits or for Roto leagues I don't think it's fair to make the change now. Teams have already been making adjustments and eating into their limits.

Dobber Sports Master

hopefully most h2h leagues had the discussion before season started to either include any extra days / games that extend beyond may 8th or not .

straight points leagues or roto leagues with max gp's per position just need to extend the season since no harm should come from it .

The Seeker

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    hopefully most h2h leagues had the discussion before season started to either include any extra days / games that extend beyond may 8th or not .

straight points leagues or roto leagues with max gp's per position just need to extend the season since no harm should come from it .
    This is a great point.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post

The harm comes from everything being up in the air and teams potentially adjusting and adding players to fill their COVID holes. Without clear indication from Yahoo I can't see them making a standard change like this.

Administrator

Has anyone ever seen Yahoo do a big in-season change like this for hockey? I don't remember them ever doing anything beyond fixing standard glitches. They occasionally make changes in the offseason. Sounds to me like they hire contractors to work in the offseason and there's not many hands on deck during the season.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

About 3 postponed games Edmonton @ Montreal. Some news will come this weekend:
    Just spoke to NHL deputy commish Bill Daly. He says NHL has already worked out Oilers schedule adjustments, of which he says there are multiple. Says will potentially be announced over the weekend.
    source: https://twitter.com/ReidWilkins/stat...19752706138118