Thread: Pettersson and Marino for Horvat and Q. Hughes

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Pettersson and Marino for Horvat and Q. Hughes

Thoughts? I’d be trading away Pettersson and Marino.

I’m not really too keen on making the trade, but I do like Q. Hughes. Just wanted some outside perspective
    League 1: 16 Teams. 8 Keepers. Weekly H2H
    F (Start 6): Barkov, J.Hughes, Zibanejad, E. Kane, Buchnevich, Kopitar, Coyle, Trocheck
    D (Start 4): Josi, Hamilton, Toews, Hanifin, Pionk, Clarke, Korchinski
    G (Start 1): Vasilevskiy, Daccord

Point System
    G=2, A=1, D-man G/A=+1, PIM=0.5, +/-=0.5, Shot=0.1, PPG=1, PPA=1
    Goalie Points
    W=4, S= 0.14, GA=-1, OvertimeW=1, ShootOutW =1, ShutOut=2

League 2: 12 Team Dynasty League - 30 man roster plus 7 farm.
    Keep 20 + 7 farm. Weekly H2H Roto. G, A, Shots, Hits, Blocks, PPP, Goalie W, SV%, GAA. Forward Positional Requirements.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Pettersson and Marino for Horvat and Q. Hughes

yes, Hughes is a needed injection to your blue line to compliment Dougie, now a formidable top four on the blue line.Horvat is a 55-60 point player and may reach higher on this squad with PP1 deploy. You have defensive points awarded too which makes acquiring Hughes a no brainer. I would wager Horvat sees more SH time too but I may be wrong.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Hmm interesting, thanks for the input. My fear is that if I give up Pettersson I lose my best elite F talent. Horvat will lessen the sting but would be a shame to trade Pettersson before he really explodes

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Pettersson people are looking at him becoming a ppg+ player, maybe in the vicinity of a 30-40g, 85-100p player. Marino is a better real-life D then fantasy D at this point and with Letang there (and maybe Matheson too depending on how is used) don't see a lot of advancement for him at this moment...and when that moment does come, Pens are looking very ugly as a team as a whole.

Horvat is a top six center, for now is locked into that 1st pp unit, is good for 55-65 points I'd say with maybe a chance of hitting 70+ some years. Hughes, worst case scenario for him I see is being a 5-10g, 50-60 point D, best case I see is 10+ goals and 70+ points, let's say he falls somewhere in the middle of that.

You keep 8, Hughes will take Pettersson's keeper spot. They should be fairly equal in pp points, Petey will destroy Hughes every year in goals and should be good for about 15-25 more points then Hughes. With you getting awarded an extra point for every D point, Hughes won't equal Petey's production in your league (shots being the big divider between them) but he shouldn't fall to far off.

Horvat vs Marino is a no brainer for Horvat, way more goals, way more ppp, way more points.

As for your keepers, Horvat would be competing with a couple others for that last 8th keepers spot on your team.

I would probably do this trade, it solidifies your backend, top end high flying D are harder to come by then high scoring forwards and you get the better "throw in" player in the deal as well with Horvat, whom you may or may not keep, but will provide better value this year and could be a potential trade piece in the future.
    12 Team Dynasty League. $4 increase per player a year FP/ reduced salary for 3 years, Keep 8-12 (League Champion 14/15, 16/17, 19/20, 22/23, 23/24)

Categories - D-G, G, A, PPP, SHP, SoG, Hits/Blocks, FoW, FoW%, Give/Take, Wins, GAA, Save%, Saves.

C: Tavares $33, Eichel $16 (1st yr FP), Trocheck $18, Jenner $9 Beniers $2 (1st yr RC)

W: Ovechkin $18, Hintz $17, Pavelski $11, Zacha $10, Kaprizov $7, Johnston $2 (1st yr RC), Reichel $2 (1st yr RC), Bertuzzi $1, Tippet $1

D: Burns $20, Jones $17, Werenski $16 (2nd yr FP), Matheson $5, Spurgeon $1, OEL $1

G: Shesterkin $7, Sorokin $3 (2nd yr RC), Raanta $1

MLP Bench: Rossi, Nazar, Kovalenko, Nikishin, Morrow, Ivanov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I was going to ask which Pettersson, but it's clearly Elias.

Who are your planned 8 keepers going into next year, or is the roster in sig post draft?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Padawan

We just drafted today, so this is my roster for the season

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Given that's your roster, I'd do it. You start 4 D and 6 F, Q Hughes is more elite given that setup.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Given that's your roster, I'd do it. You start 4 D and 6 F, Q Hughes is more elite given that setup.
    This. The setup here makes D incredibly valuable. I'd take advantage of that.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Initiate

I am going to propose a different trade.
    Keep Petterson and move Scheifele with Gustafsson instead. Maybe you throw in a late round draft pick as a kicker.

Selling on Gusta is going to a good team in Philly and will be playing on #1pp. Scheifele is a lock for ppg. That is him. He is not going to get high 90's or into the 100's for pts. Or you move Hischer, selling on that everyone is calling for his breakout this year.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by TheDard View Post
    I am going to propose a different trade.
    Keep Petterson and move Scheifele with Gustafsson instead. Maybe you throw in a late round draft pick as a kicker.

Selling on Gusta is going to a good team in Philly and will be playing on #1pp. Scheifele is a lock for ppg. That is him. He is not going to get high 90's or into the 100's for pts. Or you move Hischer, selling on that everyone is calling for his breakout this year.
    I would love to trade like that instead but I know the other GM wouldn’t be interested. He wants Pettersson

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by joeb323 View Post
    I would love to trade like that instead but I know the other GM wouldn’t be interested. He wants Pettersson
    Fair enough.

I just don't know if I am doing this trade.
    It would kind of being like; robbing Paul to pay Peter.

I think your current dmen lineup is good, yes it would look better with Hughes. But so would most GM's lineup.

Not to say you couldn't circle back on this trade later or before next NHL season. But for now hold tight.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by TheDard View Post
    Fair enough.

I just don't know if I am doing this trade.
    It would kind of being like; robbing Paul to pay Peter.

I think your current dmen lineup is good, yes it would look better with Hughes. But so would most GM's lineup.

Not to say you couldn't circle back on this trade later or before next NHL season. But for now hold tight.
    Yeah that’s kinda where I’m at with it. I understand the reasons to make the deal, but dreading it. If I’m dreading it this much I think that’s a sign I should hold tight for now. Thanks for your input!

Dobber Sports Jedi

Can you get a bump on Horvat?
    Mind you I don't think Horvat is a 50-60pt centre either.
    I think you'll find 60pts is his absolute floor on an 82gp pace and he provides some 70pt seasons moving forward.
    62-75pt range would be my Horvat prediction.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4